Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Mot van with equipment in it

steve hawing

My van is due the test next month and I'm wondering can I leave the wfp system it for the test or has it to be removed does anyone know?

I send mine in with an empty tank of water as their lift stuggles to lift it if I don't.

I have no problems with that as I get to go under the van whilst they are doing it and have a good poke around. They also can't find things wrong that don't really need doing.

-

in balmoral they have pits so no lift

but really you shouldnt bringit on full of water and when getting the headlighta alinbged make sure it is empty to ... as with the water in it they set them to the wrong level then wen empty theyr off and bingo failed

in balmoral they have pits so no lift
but really you shouldnt bringit on full of water and when getting the headlighta alinbged make sure it is empty to ... as with the water in it they set them to the wrong level then wen empty theyr off and bingo failed

That's a good point @peter rogers. I've never had that issue as I had a spring break and I replaced them with heavy duty springs, the same as they fit on 3.5t motor homes. The back hardly drops with a full tank of water on board. I still adhere to the payload limits of the swb one.

Cheers lads least I know that for a fact now..it will be empty anyway so no worries there...will hopefully be changing it when I get it tested for a bigger more powerful machine fingers crossed

Back