Any tips for solar panels

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Window Cleaning' started by nafets41, Aug 2, 2011.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. nafets41

nafets41 Guest

Ive got some solar panels to do just starting out thats going to be my specialty, lots where i live and no one to do it so hope to be the first to set up, any tips would be appreciated. Thanx in advance

2. nearlyclean

Long pole 48 ft plus to reach.Soft brush,I done a few solar panel cleans a bit like cleaning Valex windows

3. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Out of interest how solid/strong are they? Do you have to be very gentle with them?

Not cleaned any but good to know.

4. db cleaning

db cleaning Guest

[hr]
    hi mate ive been asked to clean some solar panels how much do you charge a panel thanks dale.

5. nearlyclean

Depends how dirty but I work on if there is 5 units £15 10 units £25,they don't take long and like double glazed windows(not too fragile)

6. Ginge

Ginge Guest

Solar panels are extremely strong as they have to conform to EU regulations which means they have to be able to withstand the largest possible hail storm. The reason I know this is because I got chatting to an engineer on a job when they were installing pannels. Hope this helps.

7. nafets41

nafets41 Guest

Thx for that your reply's i'll be charging
    1-6 for $70
    7-12 for $120
    13-18 for $160
    19-24 for $200
    thats aussie dollars

8. nearlyclean

I meant to add I do the solar panels as an extra while I cleaning windows,If I have to make a special trip then its extra £20-30 on top.

9. H MAN

H MAN Forum Addict

So what way would you clean the solar panels.
    WFP or go on roof and clean with scrubber and squeegee?

10. nafets41

nafets41 Guest

wfp because the water would go into rain water tanks so no detergent