Any transit connect users?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by steve hawing, Apr 18, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. steve hawing

steve hawing Active Member

Ive a 05 tddi connect and it is doing my head in it is sooo sluggish

Ive fully serviced it, replaced map and maf sensors, intercooler etc and still no joy

There seems to be something just restricting it someway, my mate has the exact same van, a young older and his is noticable quicker that me, theres no hesitation with his were mine is slow to go and sluggish up the gears

Anyone have any ideas what could be up?

Cheers

Advertisement
  2. Dave85

Dave85 Member

How about trying some redex in the fuel to clear all the **** from the injectors and other parts that get a build up of dirt etc in them. This could be a cheap fix to solve the lack of power.

3. Emanuel Parker

Emanuel Parker Golden Squeegee

I have a 2010 connect and it's great, maybe you need to clean egr valves and i would recommend doing a leak back test on injectors. Also i add 2 stroke oil to fuel and it runs alot better and smother, you can read about it online, lots of people do it.

4. jamesmall

jamesmall Newcomer

Is it sluggish all the way through the range or does it suddenly take off when you hit a certain rpm?
    I know you said you'd replaced the MAF, but if it all of a sudden revs up sweet when about 2.5k, I'd still maybe say the wiring to the MAF may be damaged

5. steve hawing

steve hawing Active Member

Ive tried redex injector cleaner, egr cleaner, turbo cleaner basically nearly every bottle of potion on the auto factors prob spend £100 easy on them and not one helped one bit

I might try a bit of 2 stoke but i cant see that helping it being sluggish tbh, it drives fine not lumpy or anything just very sluggish going top the revs

There is no power at all regardless of what revs im on, i switched the maf for a proper genuine working one and made no diff

Its really bugging the **** out of me now as when im fully loaded each morning its like a snail

Theres no splilt pipes and the turbo has no play but i might take of the whole intake manifold to inspect to see if its clogged up are something, other than that im close to tourching it tbh

6. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

I once bought a transit tddi
    It was real mint and I thought I'll keep this one!
    Then I drove it...my god it was slow and I mean slow only reason sold it on
    Are you not sure that the van is fine?

7. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

EGR, DPF ... bypass them :thumbsup:

8. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

I do know that these are prone for the egr valves blocking and inlet manifold
    It's quite easy job replacing and cleaning
    Makes big difference
    I've just got lad who works for me a van and first thing I did was egr blank
    It doesn't have a dpf has its to old
    Makes a big difference to the running

9. spruce

spruce Grand Master

Son has a Peugeot Partner hdi and that was dead a few years back. Turned out to be the back exhaust silencer/box that was blocked.

10. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

Doubt it's the injectors there pretty reliable in this engine
    Has the only just started doing this only I remember a thread similar few month back with a tddi

Advertisement