Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pricing a primary school.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Two ways to price and get schools.

Go in cheap most schools have very little money for window cleaning they are only interested in how cheap you are.

Bribe the caretaker -Not something I would do but you will be amazed how many window cleaners are chucking the caretaker a drink.

For me personally schools just aren't worth the bother.

I'm a school caretaker- I agree with the last paragraph of CGH's post. Others will strongly disagree but - in my experience- unless they are a new school or an academy which is part of a consortium they will have little or no money. I've covered this before - the school I work at had various quotes, from £80 to over £500. My price was £240 and I priced it the same as I would domestic (around a quid a window/section) I now clean the windows at my school - main areas - but only because they let me purify water on site and heat it with my immersion, they don't have the money to pay and would never even consider it.
Don't rule it out, you may get lucky - just price it to your hourly rate so if you get it your not flogging yourself to get it done to make money. A local school near me (an academy) have a window cleaner once a year, the schools massive and would take a good four days to get round - every year I see a different window cleaner and every year I say to myself what a waste of time as they are absolutely filthy. I know which company did this particular school last September and they are/were on here so maybe they will come along and shed some positive insight into quoting schools.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I do 1 school which takes a whole day to do for £450 but my wife works there and is good friends with the finance woman

I do it twice yearly

Apart from that i steer clear as like CGH said it doesn't pay and the caretakers seem to want a bung 

Present company excluded Daveyboy [emoji6] in all honesty not many caretakers that I know of are involved with 'employing' tradesmen but it does seem that it's someone 'known' to the school that gets the work.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Latest Posts

Back