Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Idiots guide to wfp needed

WCF

Help Support WCF:

stevethewindowcleaner

Hi. I've been window cleaning for a long time but have never ventured into the world of WFP before. I've been thinking about trying to make a trolley system to use on the occasional conservatory roof.

I've seen some tutorials on how to build the trolley but I'm wondering about the process of making the pure water.

What would be the best way of doing this?

Is it normally done in the van/car or at home before filling up any containers?

If I wanted it set something up in my shed what would I need?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quite a few different options, but you first need to know the TDS/PPM of your supply water before knowing which way to go.

TDS Meters are around £15.00'ish.

The thing with using trolleys for conny roofs is that you use a lot of water and if you've got 25L barrels, you're going to need quite a few for a roof. Best try and use customers tap and finish off with pure from your trolley.

Yeah I was planning on using it to finish off as some panels are too awkward to get using a wagtail and pole.

So would it be possible to set up something in the shed? Ideally I'd be able to fill up a few containers ready to take out on the job.

Does the water purification process take long?

Yeah I was planning on using it to finish off as some panels are too awkward to get using a wagtail and pole.
So would it be possible to set up something in the shed? Ideally I'd be able to fill up a few containers ready to take out on the job.

Does the water purification process take long?

Buy yourself a TDS meter first to find out how hard / soft your tap water is. My tap water is very soft so I use DI vessels only to make my pure water. Others have very hard water and need to use RO (reverse osmosis) then go from there. I trickle the pure water straight into the tank in my van which takes an hour or so.

I live in a soft water are tds ,084. I use a DI vessel (looks like an oxygen bottle)that is in my shed which just attaches to my back door garden tap, I have a trolley system. Takes me about 5-10mins to fill a 25ltr barrel, really depends on how hard you put the water on. As already mentioned get a TDS meter before getting a system. Good thing about a DI vessel is you can easily carry it in the car if you require more pure water, by attaching it to custys water supply- maybe have to check their TDS as well tho.

Heres a link for a di vessel http://www.daqua.co.uk/divessels.htm

you also need resin that goes in it to purify the water http://www.daqua.co.uk/resins.htm

All the best:)

So I finally got a TDS meter and I've got a reading of 280 from the tap. From reading around this seems quite high so a di vessel might not be enough on its own.

I won't be needing a lot of pure water so what would be best option? I've heard of people using rainwater. Is rain water normally clean enough to only use a di?

yeh but you will need smurf to clean your gutters out first....:rofl: dont panic i new to wfp pure water too....rain water is a lot lower tds ..but you do have to keep your gutters clean...

I won't be needing a lot of pure water so what would be best option? I've heard of people using rainwater. Is rain water normally clean enough to only use a di?
Grab a cupful off your downpipe when it next rains (probably going to have to wait a week currently!) & use your TDS meter to find out. But unless you're going to fill several IBC tanks then you're best going down the 450GPD RO route.

Back