Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone cleaned solindra solar panels

Pjj

Premium Member
Been cleaning some solindra solar panels for a large supermarket chain , what a pain , you don’t clean the cylinders but the white rubber sheet underneath it’s back breaking work due to the small gap between the cylinders and the roof , anyone else done stuff like this and if so how did you do it without bending  over all day ?? They are in 125 meter runs in length and there is hundreds of lines of them ???

0C782767-7187-4BAD-B044-CB366924264B.jpeg

3B4A126B-6415-4EEA-B2B6-F06D93EF3D7A.jpeg

3572A660-2886-4461-8769-A0CF1C33A3C6.jpeg

89CD7AB5-64DC-4ED2-AB09-29CC07BF3CAA.jpeg

75094A01-C303-46E1-B43F-139EEA268ACF.jpeg

66E0FAAD-7DD9-4D23-A89C-AEB9180DEA09.jpeg

Can you not just softwash them and then just rinse off with hot water. Even the established can get it wrong from time to time ?

There specification for cleaning the sheet says it’s to be done with wfp and pure I don’t think they would like hypo anywhere near all that electric cables and fittings due to the potential for corrosion, the main problem with it is the sheets are flat and hold the water they don’t ready,y drain we have been squeegeeing them off to get rid of the water , looking at the roof over 125 meter runs the roof fall is less than an inch ,it’s made of this rubber membrane stuff I cannot remember what it’s called something like mmf ???

There specification for cleaning the sheet says it’s to be done with wfp and pure I don’t think they would like hypo anywhere near all that electric cables and fittings due to the potential for corrosion, the main problem with it is the sheets are flat and hold the water they don’t ready,y drain we have been squeegeeing them off to get rid of the water , looking at the roof over 125 meter runs the roof fall is less than an inch ,it’s made of this rubber membrane stuff I cannot remember what it’s called something like mmf ???
Just get @Iron Giantdown to do them, he won't even need to bend over. Joking aside have you not got some old flexible WFP's fully extend them with a big heavy brush and stand back and let the flex on the pole do the bending?

Just get @Iron Giantdown to do them, he won't even need to bend over. Joking aside have you not got some old flexible WFP's fully extend them with a big heavy brush and stand back and let the flex on the pole do the bending?
Lol send him down for a couple of weeks ??? all my poles are stiff carbon. !,, typical . The problem is the gap  from the sheet to the panel is only around 12 inches and to the far side of some of the panels it’s 7 meters , right pig of a job .

Lol send him down for a couple of weeks ??? all my poles are stiff carbon. !,, typical . The problem is the gap  from the sheet to the panel is only around 12 inches and to the far side of some of the panels it’s 7 meters , right pig of a job .
I could just walk straight under them cylinders, be just like sweeping down my patio ? I have heard these are a real pain to clean, could you not use a Floor Squeegee and push the water off the sheets, I believe the sheets are called FFS ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I could just walk straight under them cylinders, be just like sweeping down my patio ? I have heard these are a real pain to clean, could you not use a Floor Squeegee and push the water off the sheets, I believe the sheets are called FFS ?

Lol , I have been using an 18 inch window squeegee trying to remove most of the water from under them . Unfortunately the management are that pleased with what we have done so far they want us to do a further 12 stores  ??? I apologised profusely and said we were to busy , haven’t finished this one yet but we won’t be doing anymore that’s for sure . 

Been cleaning some solindra solar panels for a large supermarket chain , what a pain , you don’t clean the cylinders but the white rubber sheet underneath it’s back breaking work due to the small gap between the cylinders and the roof , anyone else done stuff like this and if so how did you do it without bending  over all day ?? They are in 125 meter runs in length and there is hundreds of lines of them ???

View attachment 17866

View attachment 17867

View attachment 17868

View attachment 17869

View attachment 17870

View attachment 17871
 Egad what a mare. 12 more stores? moneyspinner but would cripple im sure. get back to the dickensian days and send some urchins up there to do it or maybe some foreign slaves?? ?

Looks a pig of a job reckon that could easy underestimated the time to do that.

How long is it taking per store out of interest? When things like this are installed they don't think of the maintanance of them. 

How long is it taking per store out of interest? When things like this are installed they don't think of the maintanance of them. 

All the stores are different  sizes and layouts take a look at this one they are expecting you to be able to clean up to 15 meters under theses panels with a meter or so amount of access , we won’t be doing any more , two of us have been on this job for 3 days it’s back breaking work ???

The light gray area is a walk way the dark black are is a no walk zone so makes the job evan more difficult 

DC5B9EEE-EF5A-457B-B147-B00DF019FB5C.jpeg

E413D0B4-FC2F-41D7-AE6B-A11696D89951.jpeg

4D14DA44-610D-45E6-AE90-C4EE1C164227.jpeg

FFCFBEDC-9C6E-4EFB-912F-C908958D4C7A.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats only a small amount of them as well I didn’t take pictures of all of them ???
I didn’t what they were until you mentioned and posted a photo but as Weeman as already said now I know what they are and if ever asked to clean them it’s a big NO from me ?

No way to rig a pressure washer up to your WFP tank and just blast the dirt away from above?? Looks like a horror job!

No way to rig a pressure washer up to your WFP tank and just blast the dirt away from above?? Looks like a horror job!

It would be difficult as some runs of panels are 10-15 meters solid and the pressure washer lance wouldn’t fit between them , also there is virtually no fall on the roof so the water stays put ???, we won’t be doing anymore 

Back