anyone else fed up with just doing windows?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by daveyboy, Aug 2, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Been doing a lot of softwash and gutters/fascias etc lately after having a couple of months doing just windows and have decided what way i want my business to go now
    Stick with the round i have and drop any messers and **** jobs etc
    Do more softwash and start pressure washing
    Have been slowly getting fed up with chasing small payments when i can do 2 jobs in a day and make the same as 2 days on the glass
    Possibly get a bit of a life back also

Anyone else fed up with it and thinking of diversifying?

Advertisement
  2. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

from the word go i have always done powerwashing and started softwashing las year

its a nice break once in a while ong with gutters and fsg cleaning

either expand or cut the shite out

3. Markyboy 50

Sprinkle in a bit of lorry driving now and then. Money's rubbish but makes a nice change and money's not everything. I couldn't clean windows 5 days a week

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I would be happy with a cream round 2 days a week and big jobs 2 days a week then 3 days off each weekend

5. David K

David K Forum Addict

I had such a feeling 3 yrs ago and started roofcleaning . Must say with time spent doing qoutes that you dont get and all the gear and hassle , i went back to just Windows . Love it and wouldt have it Any other Way . But i get your point ! When working , moneys good .. Go for it ! :thumbsup::D

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Did a customers windows today and walked away with a driveway job to do
    There is plenty of work out there if you can be bothered to find it
    Got a big polycarb roof conservatory to do at 7.30am tomorrow and then a fascia job including the upvc cladding that has gone green on the dormers which i will be using hypo on to clean easier
    That will see me up till lunchtime but give me a good days pay

7. Cghwindowcleaning

Cghwindowcleaning Well-Known Member

I go through stages of not minding window cleaning to hating it.I'm 36 and this year and I've been cleaning windows for 20 years so I can find it very,very monotonous and boring.
    I don't do anything else and have no interest in pressure washing,soft wash etc I also don't have the time my average day can start around 6-6.30am and finish around 4-5pm sometimes 6 days a week excluding admin work.

I've decided to reduce my work and start selling off the residential I have and just do commercial I enjoy the commercial side more and it gives me the least grief for the most money so for now if I can get a bit more free time and just do the work I like I'll be happy with the windows.

8. boarcity

boarcity Guest

my opinion,you need to funnel in More window cleaning jobs. a real gutload of new jobs will overflow the job list and then itll allow you to get rid of any jobs that are currently giving you the runaround[and hence makin u feel jaded ]

these days i only clean windows and only on basic type houses ,having ditched guttering jobs[my lads liked these but helluva risk to do ]and anything even a tad awkward on the windows has gone as well .

9. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

Agree it can get a bit monotonous, especially if you work by yourself. I mix in pressure washing, conny roofs, sfg as well.
    If I'm working alone, I always have a little radio with a built in speaker (no headphones required) so I listen to talk shows, bbc London, Jeremy vine on radio 2 or talksport, whichever is having the most interesting debate. Sometimes I put on my I pod and do language courses. I learnt to speak Turkish this way and am now learning Spanish. Its little things like this that take your mind off the windows

10. Markyboy 50

I'm with u on this mate. I'm mainly commercial. Hate doing houses. I started at 6.30 this morn. Home at 1.30. All commercial. Got some houses tomorrow but also a primary school wedged on the day. Sold off a load of houses years ago. They make me sad

Advertisement