Anyone else knackered all the time?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by adamangler, Nov 23, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

I dont know what it is but last few weeks im fecked by 3pm when cleaning windows, shoulders ache and im losing motivation, by the time i get home im falling asleep and feeling groggy.

Not sure if its because im getting stressed and constantly thinking about the business, if im not cleaning im getting up early working my other job or leafletting and then on an evening im posting on facebook or messing with website.

not sure if its just because cleaning is a physical job or i need a break

hmm

Advertisement
  2. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Don't mean to be sensitive but do you suffer from depression or anxiety?

If so that will alsmot defo be why,

If not,

Then your prob just going through a stage of tiredness....

3. boarcity

boarcity Guest

burnout is a risk of this job . you need to plan ahead AND act on it now ,in my opinion

4. Jimroot

Jimroot Guru

Get into a relaxation/exercise routine and make it part of the day. It's easy to get depressed as the uncertainty level is high compared to a contracted job, sign up tune out

5. TolishAPurd

Take a break and comeback strong. No point in ploughing on at half pace when a short break will have you up and running at full pelt. Last month I got to the end of my round after working flat out for a long time and I was totally burned out. Joints aching, slow speed all day, unmotivated. I went slow for a week with lots of early finishes, the odd day off, and minimised new jobs taken on. Pains all gone, and back up to full speed now.

Theother thing is nutrition, food is fuel so eat well.

6. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Agree with that,

Plus a lot of it is mental state of mind, amazing how feeling down can really make you feel tired!

7. TolishAPurd

Exactly. I usually ignore pain, but the moment I feel demotivated, I know its time to stop/slow down. Another sign is when I get ill, thats when I know I've not taken care of myself- too much work and not eating right.

8. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

Yes. But I'm old and fat

9. boarcity

boarcity Guest

also if anybody in your family or friends is taking the mickey you must take action. because theyll pull you down before you know it
    a good way to make them shut up is to casually mention some particularly good news [make it up if need be] such as a lovely big tip / invite to an award ceremony by a minor celebrity

a neighbour of mine told me he was off on holiday to the bahamas celebrating with Lord and Lady North , **** knows where he actually went cos after i looked online the Norths both died well over a 100yrs ago, but it sure sounded good!

10. Trev81

Trev81 Guru

I suffer from a bit of depression at times but never do much about it, just carry on and work through it, I know the feeling of getting tired all of a sudden and I always put it down to that as it is normally when I am feeling off. A good tip mate is take a nice 10 min sunbed this time of the year, always makes me feel alive again, don't know what it is about them but they def help me :) once a week I go this time of the year. Tans nice to :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
Advertisement