Anyone for a mug?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Business' started by MrBump, Aug 5, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. MrBump

MrBump Guest

Feel like I'm getting mugged off lately. Two jobs booked in for today, told them both when quoting I don't do one-offs, but said they would decide how often they wanted it when I came back to do the job, did the jobs then both said at the end 'we will call you'. Call me?! I can't be arsed with one-offs, I just want regular. And I priced it as a regular. Told the second how it is and they said ok monthly, great, but the first one the bloke was on the phone and his wife didn't know so had no choice but to leave and hope he calls. I know I'm good so its not that, I'm more thorough than a premier league medical and way more thorough than a tour de france drug test :D Only get this from about 1 in 10 customers, but 2 today. So annoying! From now on I'm not doing another job until it is agreed how often BEFORE I even get my pole out. Giggity.

How often does this happen to you and what do you do to stop it?

Advertisement
  2. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

The way I am going now is you pay double for first clean, get third clean for free.

3. MrBump

MrBump Guest

Might have to do something like that myself. Do people try it on alot with you then? Hint or say regular, then on the day say "we'll let you know when we next need you" or "we'll call you"?

4. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

Its not something I get a lot to be honest, but have had it a couple of times and find it incredibly annoying.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. cheapncheerful

yep cheapie only do double for first cleans now...

so maybe not get the job but he doesnt want it anyway...as tik tik says..

feck em all...:rofl:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Alien Human

I treat first cleans & one offs the same price wise - that way I'm covered regardless of what the customers decides to do next :)

7. cheapncheerful

I always put how much cheaper it is next time ..:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. MrBump

MrBump Guest

Hmmm seems the consensus is to charge extra for the first clean... I've been to worried about losing the job if I charged higher for the first clean, but now I know I'd rather lose the job than waste my time doing a one-off and then have them mug me off and say they'll call me, I'd rather be out canvassing for a real customer instead!

9. matt18

matt18 Member

This will never happen again I will ask for double if it does, or they get the glass soaped up, new firm policy.

10. lou

lou Active Member

double up on first cleans, even more for a one off! :laugh:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
Advertisement