Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pressure Washer

Got the revs up to high maybe?

How I prime my pump is that I lower the revs after starting whilst pulling the trigger on the lance untill reaches full pressure for that setting. If I have the revs too high it will not prime the pump. Simples. /emoticons/wink.png

Got the revs up to high maybe?
How I prime my pump is that I lower the revs after starting whilst pulling the trigger on the lance untill reaches full pressure for that setting. If I have the revs too high it will not prime the pump. Simples. /emoticons/wink.png
Thats what I do, My revs were up to high though. There were still at full. I called JetMac they told me to connect it to the mains and force the water in after that just dunk the hose in the bucket/container. I did do this but still wouldnt pull through fast enough but it was working fine off the mains.
Ill try it with the revs down tomorrow and see how I get on

If you have a glass filter on the water inlet side of the pump you will see if air is still being sucked through aswell. I have the revs of the washer as low as it can be without stalling it too. /emoticons/wink.png

If you have a glass filter on the water inlet side of the pump you will see if air is still being sucked through aswell. I have the revs of the washer as low as it can be without stalling it too. /emoticons/wink.png
Yeah, I can see it, The weater is going through but not fast enough to give it full power, It only come out like a water pistol

dirty filter? if its working fine off mains it could be the valves are needing replaced, i had a comet pump that wouldnt suck but worked fine off the mains, i took valves out , replaced em and all was well again /emoticons/biggrin.png

As per other post you made "first"

Regarding your washer not sucking water how old is it?

Have you changed anything on it like the length of the inlet hose etc?

Got a pic of the pump we can see?

Back