Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Why is "The Loop" So Bad?

Poles Apart

I don't know where I saw this either here or a more inferior Forum, someone either started a thread or commented on why on off taps were so heavily criticised chiefly because of "the loop". He didn't see this as a problem and I have to say I don't understand why this was a problem for some. Everything has it's drawbacks but I must admit I used on/off taps for a few years, if the modified Uni-Valve works well I would love to use it, however whilst awaiting my replacement I have been contemplating taking off my Aquadapters and trying taps again just to see how the poles perform.

thats the only bad thing with a tap on the pole. the loop getting caught on things & tripping you up & the pole hose tangled at the loop. used one for a few years then got the aquadapter.

Best way to save water is work quicker I reckon. Turn water on, clean house, turn water off. I'm probably missing something though.

Yeh I don't have any issues with the loop , having the tap fastened on the pole . It's not one of those crappy push fit one from gardinerers , so that helps . Also I only have about 2 foot of pole hose connected from the bottom of the tap to the microbore hose . This means that whichever connections you use , rectus , hoselock or whatever they are never on the floor . Probably why mine never leak and last years as well .

I use a tap on a belt and prefer this to the aquadapter. I have no plans to change at the moment as it just works. There will always be hose around your feet so I guess we just get used to it catching on things as we pull it along.

Now what I really need is a gadget to turn the wind down from 50 mph and an on/off switch for the rain. /emoticons/wink.png

windows 7 screen shot

Latest Posts

Back