Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Who Got The Job?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

David Taylor

Was working on a street today (saturday) don`t usually like to work saturdays as I have my boy.

Two of us cleaning windows on a small close me wfp other guy trad.

Woman comes over to me, can you give me a price. 12quid 4 weekly I said so I got the job.

Husband and her were unhappy with old trad guy walking on tiles to get to upstairs windows and leaving squeegee marks when turning. (old guy charged £8 and seems he doesn`t buy any new rubbers with it). She said she had to clean them again herself after he`d been.

This trad guy has let down other trad guy by giving it a bad name. (like some wfp guys give others bad names by doing shoddy work)

agree I do both and it's shocking what I see and hear.one traditional guy use to rag them after using a squeegee and a wfp use to leave the windows so spotty it's unbelievable.got loads of there houses,mop n scrim they call themselves ha ha.

I don`t know why they paid him for so long, I`ve been on the close for 2 years and I know he`s been doing them for at least that long.

Just shows people don`t look round enough and put up with what they have.

Never seen this couple before as their always at work but almost ran over to me when I was there. Might have to start putting in some Saturdays again like I used to when I first set up.

Mop and Scrim haha.

It`s good that their bad so we can get their work, but bad because you have to give confidence back to customer that things can be done better.

Yes know what you mean,but unbelievable that I'm charging more than them and he accused me of undercutting.they were basically going so cheap but rushing there jobs.just worked it out 36 jobs over 4 years all bad work man ship no door knocking,customer phoned me up,happy days!

Latest Posts

Back