Anyone had this with paypal

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by abs, Mar 12, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. abs

abs Guru

PayPal have stoped my payments from customers saying I've earned more than I'm allowed and now need to open a business acc, I've had to send copies of my driving licence and passport for a identity check and now I may have to send my business and counts ? Anyone else had this also

Advertisement
  2. TolishAPurd

I had that very early on mate, its no bother, but I don't remember having to send them anything. It was sorted in a couple of days and I was back to normal. maybe you just have to sign up for the business account, otherwise you have to prove you're not a business?

3. Andy cherry

Andy cherry Member

Why not just do bacs to your bank.....costs me nowt no questions and been doing it for 6 years......what is the attraction of PayPal anyway over bacs.

4. johnny bravo

you shouldnt need to send documents to paypal, open a bussiness acount or dont, seems a bit strange.

there is a lot of scammer sites out there, be aware, bacs will be better, but a lot dont do online banking but have a paypal account for ebay and amazon and gardiners :D

5. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Yeah I have had it before, due to receiving limits. Setting up as a business works for you cause you get higher allowances. I would of course recommend log into paypal click on contact us and phone them to verify that they have requested documentss from you. just to cover your ass.

6. cheapncheerful

think I had that problem ages ago but...I think you can send photos as an attachment to an email...:D just something you have to do I am afraid..I had to do it for ebay use..

7. simon

simon Guru

yes, had same thing a couple of weeks ago, I phoned them got a really good irish lad who explained it all, so I photo copied my passport & driving licence emailed it & my account was sorted while I was on the phone to him, didn't need to change to a business account or anything

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I would have said I don't have a bank account so how would I get paid...by cheque maybe? :D

9. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

I had this some time ago but I think I just had a reminder saying I hit my limit and had to set up business or premium. Didn't have to send anything just setup the account on business

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

It's to cut out money laundering methinks

Advertisement