Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Telescopic Ladders

L

lenny

I like to travel lite. Part time Window Cleaner Saturdays Only. No Van. I dont want a roof rack, so have just ordered a 5m Telescopic Ladder.Just wondered if anybody else uses one and what your thoughts are.  

I was given a telescopic ladder great for getting into loft or low level work but when fully extended ( approx. 3 m ) bows in middle and catches don't always engage glad I never paid for it .

Telescopic ladders aren't for working off such as doing window cleaning they are typically used for access to lofts and small jobs , Unless you have bought from a reputable supplier and paid around £150 for a decent one you could very well be risking serious injury.

As above the one that's been given that bows and has dodgy catches cheap import and their was or is a lot around that aren't fit for purpose and have fake kite mark's on that make them appear to be up to british standard's 

I bought some telescopic ladders 7 months ago after going wfp, and only used them twice because they are a faff to erect and don't inspire confidence, much easier to slide my two tier set off the van.

Mine were £170 from screwfix and very well reviewed

I still only use them to get over the odd flat roof and a total of about 6 windows a month where it is easier to carry the ladder through the storeroom

I wouldn't want to work on them all day

They bow a lot. As you climb they can flex in both directions. Hard to describe why, but when the ladder is flexing there is a high chance the feet will lift from the ground and the ladder slip from the wall. The cheap ones are especially dangerous.
Mind you I still use one regularly. Great for tricky access like balconies, rear of some houses where getting a ladder through the house is a nightmare or anyone you need to take a ladder in a lift

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Thanks all for the Replies.

Be Careful out there.

I will look out for the Wibbly Wobbly Ladder.

Mine were £170 from screwfix and very well reviewed

I still only use them to get over the odd flat roof and a total of about 6 windows a month where it is easier to carry the ladder through the storeroom

I wouldn't want to work on them all day
Quality ladders Dave no doubt , Mine are rock solid after around 7 years of occasional use a few times a month 

Latest Posts

Back