Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

More about RazrBlade Reds

rugbywolf

Ever since the begining of the Liquidators, I have used Moerman rubbers (occasionally trying others; Unger and Pulex), but they do work best, as you would expect. I have read a lot of comments on here about the RazrBlade Red rubbers, so decided, the last time I ordered stuff, to get a couple to try out. I only used them in my main (12 inch) squeegees and was greatly impressed. A used one I cut down for an eight inch, and, although I don't use it as much, I was struck by how long it lasted! - it is a Liquidator channel in an ordinary brass handle. The most important thing that I found was that you get more (or better) slip with the RazrBlade Red rubbers, which of course means it handles better. Because of this I had to reduce the addatives in my water slightly, which also helped in keeping the 'suds' down.

So, this week I have received an order of 20 x 36 inch RazrBlade Red rubbers, and am looking forward to using them. I will in time cut the used ones down to fit the many small conventional squeegees that I have, that'll be interesting.

Do you use bucket on a belt rugbywolf? I used to use these,and still do,but don't fill them with water,as applicator is just too full of water. I watched a few of the masters vids (Bob polz n bladz),and converted to having a water bottle full of solution on my belt,and applying what I needed to applicator. 

Think bob does it slightly different,as in he dunks applicator in a bucket of water,and has neat soap in a bottle on his belt,which he applies accordingly.

But his main message, which I took on board,is that he likes the solution to stay on the glass,not run down all over the place. 

I tried this technique, and found it much better on speed,and detailing. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotcha. 

Similar to how I clean then,except I don't spray,I just put a small amount on to applicator, and use damp cloth for frames. 

Insect **** is a pain this time of year tho! Slows me down. ?

Yes, that's OK, I used to do that, but I found it a bit awkward. Unger do a sprayer on a belt, but I found that a bit awkward too, so I made my own, which is what I am using in the vid, the bottle is in a pouch on my belt and it holds 1ltr of water. Very simple and easy to spray the glass. It is also about controlling the amount of water you put on the glass, which is not so easily done the way you are doing it.

Yes true,I'll maybe have to investigate the spraying technique a bit more. But theoretically after you've sprayed a few windows,and gone over with your applicator,then aren't we kinda at a similar point,as in the applicator is wet,but not soaking wet,and when you want more solution you spray,and when I want more,I just squeeze it on to applicator,or if it's a first clean,I'll put solution directly on to the glass,and get the porcupine out instead of the accelerator. ? 

Yes true,I'll maybe have to investigate the spraying technique a bit more. But theoretically after you've sprayed a few windows,and gone over with your applicator,then aren't we kinda at a similar point,as in the applicator is wet,but not soaking wet,and when you want more solution you spray,and when I want more,I just squeeze it on to applicator,or if it's a first clean,I'll put solution directly on to the glass,and get the porcupine out instead of the accelerator. ? 
I found that squirting water onto the applicator (wash-pad in my case), wets the applicator not the glass, and as you go on, the applicator just gets wetter and wetter. By spraying onto the glass directly the wash-pad just spreads the water about. You mention a porcupine, well my 'pad' is very thin and will not hold much water, I used to use a porcupine myself, but changed to my current way. It's all really a whole different system. One thing is connected to the another.

Nah,I only use a porcupine sleeve on first cleans,I use a moerman accelerator, so I'm guessing it's similar to yours,as it does use the fliq pad. I have continued to use the bucket on a belt,but I obviously don't fill it with water now,so any excess on the pad drips out in to the bucket between windows or jobs. 

I'm getting the solution to stay on the glass,and not run,which is what I wanted to achieve,after watching Bob the master's videos. ? 

Nah,I only use a porcupine sleeve on first cleans,I use a moerman accelerator, so I'm guessing it's similar to yours,as it does use the fliq pad. I have continued to use the bucket on a belt,but I obviously don't fill it with water now,so any excess on the pad drips out in to the bucket between windows or jobs. 

I'm getting the solution to stay on the glass,and not run,which is what I wanted to achieve,after watching Bob the master's videos. ? 
That sounds about right. First cleans are a separate thing anyhow.

They are indeed.

I see some of the local windies cleaning shop windows the traditional way as in applicator,and squeegee. 

I'm assuming most shops have their windows cleaned weekly or fortnightly,so not sure why they not using combinators to clean them. 

Would take half the time,with half the arm ache involved. 

Maybe I'm missing something though??  

I soak my applicator with clean water and run a line of washing up liquid down each side (copying Trad-man). and keep that in my bucket on a belt plus a bottle of water to add to the applicator as required.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it. Advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website.

Our website also relies on advertising to keep the doors open and the lights on!

For the best site experience, please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock