Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Part time job...?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

RichieB

Hi, I'm new here on this forum and looking at starting a small cleaning round in my village. So far some friends (12 in all) have stated I can do their windows. I also want to go get a few extra customers too!

However I already have a full time job but do shift work which basically gives me 4/5 days off at a time so once kids are at school I can do a few windows...

Does anybody here work their job around a window cleaning round? If so how do you find it/ manage?

Kind regards

FNG.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I'm a school caretaker between 6-11 Monday to Friday a window cleaner 11-4 Monday and Tuesday and up until recently was doing some consulting and prototype work on my free days (usually a Wednesday and Thursday)

I have around 60 customers plus plenty of add ons and it ticks over nicely between everything else. I've been window cleaning on and off as part of other maintenance/handyman stuff for around 15 years and I fits around whatever you want it to.

Cheers...sounds like it works if you want it too. Just need some extra cash really but I'm a easy going bloke and like chatting to people so hopefully that will stand me in good stead on collecting a few extra customers along for the way!

I reckon it really depends on what you want from it. If you're looking for some extra cash, it's a nice little earner. If you're looking for a complete change then I'd say jump in with both feet. It was only when I took away the safety net of a second job that things really started moving. But I just wanted to work outside and be my own boss

Absolutely works as a part-time job. As your self-employed you can do as much or as little as you like.

Back