Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

You wish you came up with this side line!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Green Pro Clean Ltd

So here's the story,

This week I get a call out to go to a granny flat at one of these 'assisted living' complexes, you know the type, you have the independence of your own place with the security of 24 hour staffing including nurses, cooks groundsman etc...

I price up granny, 2 front windows 2 back windows and a door (every apartment here has the same and they are all 3 minute jobs)

I head over to the site office to check I will be ok to work on site, manager asks for liability proof so I trot to the van and return with insurance certificate in hand.

No problem, says the manager, there is no other window cleaner on site now as last one was dismissed for substance abuse and charging grannies without doing job.

Hmmmm...... I spot the opening here!

'Can I put a notice on the board in the communal area about my service please Mr Manager?'

'Sure'

A day later the manager calls me up to advise me he has taken details for 26 grannies that would like to take advantage of my WIDOW CLEANING SERVICE !

'You what? I say In my tired state and hurried typing I had only ended up with a typo that offers a monthly widow cleaning service by experienced professional tradesmen!

Luckily they all saw the funny side.

Best keep your scrim handy, and a resus and trauma team on standby ;-)

Seriously though, nice job find!

:laugh::laugh: i wish i could get a job like that i was thinking about calling my self "peeping Sams window cleaning" but Peeping sams widow cleaning might go down better /emoticons/wink.png

Theres got to be at least one GILF surely? Stick a bit of Vera Lynn on the gramophone and smash the granny out of that vintage snapper.:hehehe::thumbsup:

Back