Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How much water

WCF

Help Support WCF:

SkulBlaker

hey guys, how much water am I likely to use WFP on 13, 4 bed detached houses 2 with connys? Will be doing frames and front and back doors too. Want to make sure I've got enough for when I go out for the first time.

At a rough guess I would use 35-40 litres per house on a maintenance clean on houses this large. With conny windows then a bit more. I would say at least 500 litres. You will need more if they are first cleans as they will take a bit more time.

How long is a piece of string?

How high is your controller? What type / size jets are you using.

How big are the houses, how many windows, how big the connys, how dirty, and on and on.

The only answer I can offer based on the info you provided is ti take as much as you can (safely) cary in your van and hope it's enough. :thumbsup:

Take as much as you can. If the conservatorys are a real mess. Go over them first using customers tap, just to get thick grunge off. Then swap back to pure for final quick scrub an rinse.

As others ! Load up max. Do it for the first time ! Then you'll know you probably use a bit less next time ,after the first cleans and the fiddling around at a new place .

depends, on my last first clean 4 bed house with conny on the back i used 75L of water because it had :turd: baked on the glass and hadnt been done for ages.

where as another house the same kinda size i used 50L.

i always normally have 50L ( 2 barrels ) to every new clean i take on.

I do 16 to 20 house a day, i take 650l with me but always come home with 100l or so. take what you can hold and go from there

I use around 80-100 litres on 12-15 houses a day tradding bottoms
Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Well went out with the shiny new kit today, decided to WFP the tops and trad the bottoms (it's something I enjoy doing) took along 175l and only used half of it as had to leave after 7 houses due to son being unwell at nursery. Back out tomorrow for an hour or so to finish off the last 6 of the new street I got.

Will be buying a sack trolley for the back pack and a spare drum as found it to be cumbersome lifting it and carrying the pole along with my trad gear. A customer was telling me that the last windie was using normal tap water to clean them using the WFP and was leaving them a mess.

I started by just doing the tops with wfp. Mainly this was to conserve water as I was working from a car and could only carry 200 ltrs. But like you I found it cumbersome carrying my trad gear as well as pulling my trolley, so as I became more confident and found I was using less water I was only too glad to switch to fully wfp. Well nearly. I can now do a solid day's work with about 200-250 ltrs. The houses I clean are mostly the 2 up 2 down type, terraced, semidetached and a smattering of flats.

I can work all day wfp as i don't use much water

However i like to wfp bottoms as i enjoy it

Been working this week with 5.2lpm pump on full and still doing a few houses tops with a 25l drum

Doesn't take me that much longer on bottoms but i tried wfping everything for a couple of months and although quicker the spring had gone in my step as i felt like i was just going through the motions

As i said on another thread for me it is not all about the money per hour but the money per day while enjoying my job

How long is a piece of string?
How high is your controller? What type / size jets are you using.

How big are the houses, how many windows, how big the connys, how dirty, and on and on.

The only answer I can offer based on the info you provided is ti take as much as you can (safely) cary in your van and hope it's enough. [emoji106]
Apparently its twice the length from the centre MrGreen.. [emoji12]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back