Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Rain water harvesting

WCF

Help Support WCF:

U

unit

Hello every one.

I am looking at getting in to the hole rain water Harvesting thing,

But I am unsure of what I will need.

The water that comes off my roof reads 00.18 ppm.

Rain water collected from the sky last night reads 00.01.

Tap water hear is 247.

So I think I can get that 00.18 down a bit, if I give the gutters a good clean out then may be could get down to 00.15.

I am unsure of what I will need to pass this through, is it a case of pumping the water through a DI vessel.

Or can I pass the water through this set up I have already?

Also is it much more cost affective to harvest the rain water, when you have to use resin still and the power bill for pumping the water?

O and I cant dodge the water company any longer, seams that they think it would be a good idea for us to go on a meter :eek:

Any help would be great thanks chaps.View attachment 7670

View attachment 7669

Last edited:
Clean the roof surface and gutter as much as possible, fit an in line strainer/filter to the downpipe which will then go straight into your holding tank. I use a blue IBC tank 1000ltrs, cost me £45 from a place near me that cleans and sells them. Water from my roof is around 10ppm. I painted it as it is cement/asbestos. I transfer it straight to my van passing it through a DI vessel. No more purification needed. I use my van mount pump to transfer it - I just switch the hoses around to suit for the moment but will be getting a sump pump soon to aide the process

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Hello every one.I am looking at getting in to the hole rain water Harvesting thing,

But I am unsure of what I will need.

The water that comes off my roof reads 00.18 ppm.

Rain water collected from the sky last night reads 00.01.

Tap water hear is 247.

So I think I can get that 00.18 down a bit, if I give the gutters a good clean out then may be could get down to 00.15.

I am unsure of what I will need to pass this through, is it a case of pumping the water through a DI vessel.

Or can I pass the water through this set up I have already?

Also is it much more cost affective to harvest the rain water, when you have to use resin still and the power bill for pumping the water?

O and I cant dodge the water company any longer, seams that they think it would be a good idea for us to go on a meter :eek:

Any help would be great thanks chaps.View attachment 10893 View attachment 10894
Regarding the water metre, I think by law you have to let them install it. However, I don't think by law you have to be connected to it if you bought your house with it uninstalled. They fit it so that if you sell, the next owners have to connect to it.

This is what my neighbour told me. If its a load of bol1ocks, blame him

Back