Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

cheapest waterproof paint to buy for van

I've just done the back of the lads vanIt was ply lined so I gave it to coats of grey decking stain then 2 coats of yacht varnish which is designed for wood constantly sat in water

I then sealed all the edging with waterproof sealeant
How is this holding up Evie? Gonna do mine the same over crimbo

I went into my local car supplies shop and asked them, they told me that you could use the same stuff that is sprayed underneath the car during production for rust proofing as it is waterproof, i bought two tins of it and you can also buy it as a spray, Cost me less than a tenner and 2 hours of labour, i painted it onto the ply lined floor, let it dry and then painted over the top the colour i wanted..Total cost £15 and 3 hours of labour.

I got to admit here i have never done any of this painting stuff in the back of my van it all depends on your set up really how people end up with water all over i never know??

I have a flow control valve on my poles so once that is shut of etc quick shake of the brush head and in the van is bone dry 24/7,the only reason id do this is down to condensation or i will just fit a fan to the roof.

Back