Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What Is The Best Way To Clean Windows With Pol For 10 Meter Height?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

uribra

Our new service cleaning shops window...
Recently I was invited to clean windows on building that is located on the beach,

unfortunately the cleaning time took me too long and the results were not good enough for the customer . there were many vertical lines of dirt . I had received half the sum we agreed on and felt disappointed with my self .

Any tips you may have would be appreciated.

Thanks Uri

If that's a standard squeegie on 10 mtr pole (34 foot ish) I applaud your attempts uri did some high windows with squeegie on a pole many moons ago they tend to get left so long between cleans that its a labour of love cleaning the beggars have noticed sorbo do some nice wide squeegees where over lap would be better controlled on the downward pull which seems to be your preferred method or a wagtail squeegie but lots of practice required not managed to get one yet but eager to try one or just simplify your life get a waterfed backpack and a 36 foot pole from somewhere like gardners poles

if your doing high windows with a squeegee.

You need to keep the angle of contact as if you were doing them low down, maybe you were to vertical or the reverse stood to far back.

hope this helps.

I assume you are talking about outside clean?

If so would have thought at that height would be far easer to use wfp instead.

Just a thought was it actual dirt drag marks on the glass from the blade or could it have been old oxidation streaks from cladding/frames?

Recently I was invited to clean windows on building that is located on the beach, unfortunately the cleaning time took me too long and the results were not good enough for the customer . there were many vertical lines of dirt . I had received half the sum we agreed on and felt disappointed with my self .

Any tips you may have would be appreciated.

Thanks Uri

vertical lines of dirt
That would suggest windows were not cleaned right longer scrubbing would have helped! would also be the salt in the water from the sea as it is a mare to clean, sometimes you have no option but to clean twice!

futhermore i used to clean high glass right next to the seaside thats when i discovered the ecover/vinegar mix as the added vinegar makes it easier to clean the sea salt off the glass, but you do have to scrub that little bit longer when cleaning glass next to the seaside!

You also did not say how you cleaned the glass @30ft ? now i assume it was a first clean!

Here`s what i do.

Give the top first 5ft a good scrub blade off and have a look to see how the glass looks?

If streaky scrub a little longer and with a good wet applicator!

if ok do another 10ft as this should be easier to clean as the top 5ft that high up is usally the hardest bit to loosen the dirt from and its this dirt that you most likely pulled down the glass hence the streaks!

i have a small pocket sized set of opera glasses that i keep in my top jacket pocket these are ideal to check windows at that height these little things fold down and just look like a cigarette case so easily fit into your top pocket!

Buy a backpack and a waterfed pole mate and buy water from another windowcleaner or get a cheap RO system off Ebay,,,

Back