Anyone tried hot water wfp system?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by sun-light, Feb 9, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. sun-light

sun-light Guest

Hi, I would be interested to hear anyones experiences with hot water wfp systems. I can't see how water isn't still going to freeze in the pump. Any advice appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. James

James Guru

I'd love one, but just can't afford it at the moment :/

I think it heats the water up through the boiler sun-light, it doesn't have any effect on the tank itself.

James.

3. MarkB

MarkB Member

Hot is much better than cold, when using cold you will find it freezes first at the brush not the pump as thats inside the van

4. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

The water is very unlikely to freeze in your pump, unless you dont drain the water pressure out at the end of your day (which you should, more for your hose reel than anyting else though). As for hot water systems, the diesel fired systems are hugely expensive, but you can leave them running on 'low' over***ht, just circulating the water. I suppose if you can afford to buy one in the 1st place, you wouldnt mind the extra diesel costs!. There are some other cheaper gas water heaters becoming available, but i dont have any experience of how effective they are. I bought myself a small portable gas water heater from the states, but couldnt get the water to stay at a temperature i would be happy putting on cold windows for fear of cracking them!. But in all honesty, much as i would like hot water, the amount of days this winter i havent been able to get out because of freezing temperatures is very low, so not sure its really necessary.

5. Matty H

Matty H Forum Addict

IMO hot cleans no better than cold - very expensive to buy and run. Would much rather keep van warm over***ht - never had a problem with freezing in van. Also hot can crack glass in winter - cold can freeze on glass I know but never lost enough work to warrant hot!!!

6. MarkB

MarkB Member

matty i take it you've only used cold?

7. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

Matty, hot water does clean better, and quicker, but i would consider it an expesive luxury rather than a necessity.

8. Matty H

Matty H Forum Addict

Yes mate only used cold
    [hr]
    Quicker - possibly. Better - not possible, you can't get cleaner than spotless which the windows are with WFP irrespective of hot or cold?

9. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

Point taken matty, but it will certainly break down stubborn residue and other assorted sh*t quicker, so probably would be worth the investment if you can spare that much cash!.

10. Matty H

Matty H Forum Addict

Indeed, fair comment mate!

Advertisement