Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Early finish for me then....

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ant

The part timer's ladder slipped on him while on tops! The ladder was on grass which he said he'd dug in but still it slipped. Down he came, gashed shin, swollen ankle and big old bump on the head.

Off to A&E we go!

Ouch..hope he's ok

Get a wfp..best thing i did

2 weeks without ladders now except for conservatories

I shake around like a leaf when on ladders, i dont know how windys can use them day in day out, seems such a dangerous thing to do lol

You get used to it after a while..do a few velux on a townhouse roof and suddenly normal houses seem safe lol

You get used to it after a while..do a few velux on a townhouse roof and suddenly normal houses seem safe lol
Im scared of heights though, i literally freeze and go all shaky, i would never have considered window cleaning if it wasnt for the wfp

Mums boyfriend was a roofer so i was doing that at weekends and school holidays so had no fear when i started windows

Thanks for your concern for him lads :thumbsup: I'm glad to say that he'll live! Butterfly stitches for the shin as the gash was more wide than deep + being on the shin bone, slight ankle sprain and no concussion from head bump. He's a lucky boy!

Tbh I wouldn't notice if his nut was affected from the bump cos he's such an oddity anyway /emoticons/tongue.png

Seriously though, scared the hell out of me!

Can't really afford a wfp system right now daveyboy but it's on my mind for the future. I think I'd still trad the bottoms though as I would miss blading.

**** man. How can a ladder slide on grass? I put one foot on and it digs in 4"?

When I put a ladder on grass and stand on it, it takes me about 5mins to yank it back out again!

Ladders never bothered me, which is one reason I don't like them, I think you should feel afraid otherwise bad things happen.

**** man. How can a ladder slide on grass? I put one foot on and it digs in 4"?
It's really strange how it slid on the grass, he said he dug it in and as you say usually it's fine, I mean it's never happened before. Maybe he just didn't dig it in enough, I don't know!

Bit concerning that it can happen though. Might have to start carrying a bag of sharp sand with me again.

When I put a ladder on grass and stand on it, it takes me about 5mins to yank it back out again!
Ladders never bothered me, which is one reason I don't like them, I think you should feel afraid otherwise bad things happen.
Ladders have never bothered me. But while up on the roof of the hotel with a flimsy rail 9 storeys up the other week was a different matter :confused:. The Mrs was stood right next to the rail taking photos and I was thinking 'move back you silly cow' :rofl:

Ladders have been around for years. Been used for years. Used properly there not dangerous especially with the saftey gadgets out now. Still in my eyes not the safest way but the best way to clean windows. Complacency causes accidents. There car crashes every day but we all still drive.

Ladders have been around for years. Been used for years. Used properly there not dangerous especially with the saftey gadgets out now. Still in my eyes not the safest way but the best way to clean windows. Complacency causes accidents. There car crashes every day but we all still drive.
I would counter its the most unsafe way to clean windows and the second best way to clean windows.

It is the cheapest way though.

I used to climb and abseil ..never had a fear of heights

I have a fear of hitting the ground though

When I first started I was just on bottoms for a bit until me guv said I need to get up them ladders otherwise I'll only be half a window cleaner! At first I was terrified which surprised me as I never had a fear of heights before. I think with me it was more to do with trusting the ladders, once I got used to it I was fine. But you never know! Accidents can happen however they occur!

Even after quarter of a century occasionally i can be up a ladder and think to myself "this don't feel right" and then i finish that window asap..weird i know but only happens once in a blue moon

Maybe it's like a sixth sense

Even after quarter of a century occasionally i can be up a ladder and think to myself "this don't feel right" and then i finish that window asap..weird i know but only happens once in a blue moonMaybe it's like a sixth sense
Probably the ladder slipping VERY slightly that you don't consciously feel.

Latest Posts

Back