Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New trolley from ikea

WCF

Help Support WCF:

P

Pickingpaul

The first thing my mrs said to me this morning was "I want to go to ikea" :eek:

So off we went, i noticed they had little trolleys to help u shop which looked a great size for a wfp trolley system so i grabbed it and wheeledit around ikea wishing i could buy one and secretly weihing up the odds of being caught if i was to slip it in the boot and then at the till i noticed they were also selling the things for £9.99 so i brought one. /emoticons/wink.png

Ive been using a homemade trolley system for about 5 months now and the trolleyi have is too clumsy and big for my liking especially when getting in and out of the car, but this ikea one folds up as well which was attractive for logistical reasons.

All I need to do now is remake my box with the pump and battery inside, ive seen the grey smaller boxes used on a few videos and pictures which i want to get but unsure where they are from? Anyone have a link for that? I have a few other things i need help with and im open to any tips you want to give. Heres a picture of it.

Lol yeah

It holds up to 30kilo it says by the way. And at the top where the ikea sign is perfect for a few extra winds of hose.

Doesn't look man enough for the job to me mate. I bought an aluminium one from sack trucks direct for about £60 and that's still going really strong. Light too.

Doesn't look man enough for the job to me mate. I bought an aluminium one from sack trucks direct for about £60 and that's still going really strong. Light too.
Might be true, it feels pretty sturdy though and the small wheels i first thought wouldnt be any good but we shall see, i suspect this will be ok though as long as im careful with it.

Worth a £9.99 gamble

Might be true, it feels pretty sturdy though and the small wheels i first thought wouldnt be any good but we shall see, i suspect this will be ok though as long as im careful with it.
Worth a £9.99 gamble
Sure thing! Just be extremely careful with steps. Mine has pneumatic tyres which are great.

Re a box to put your pump etc in, this is what I used: http://www.diy.com/departments/diall-grey-junction-box/257372_BQ.prd
Sorry if my last post sounded blunt lol I didn't mean it to be!
Thanks, a junction box, of course, i remember now. B n q down the road from me so i will pop there after work i think.

No, i appreciate your other comment as u r right it does look a bit leak and flimsy, i guess theres a fine line between too big and strong and too small and light. I think the frame is sound, just might be tough on those wheels, but i only generally go on the pavement with the one i have.

Have u made a wfp trolley yourself then mate?

Yeah. I started out with a big boy on my aluminum sack truck.

Then I added a hose reel and eventually built a pump box so I wouldn't have to pour my containers into the backpack anymore.

It works sound. Use it day in, day out with no bother at all. I personally prefer a trolley setup to a van mount just because you have less hose trailing around everywhere.

Not sure about the trolley. The cage type bottom looks flimsy and the wheels will cut up lawns. Just my thoughts on it :thumbsup:
I agree with that, wont be going on lawns though, pavement and paths only, i will put enough hose on there to easily reach.

Yeah. I started out with a big boy on my aluminum sack truck.
Then I added a hose reel and eventually built a pump box so I wouldn't have to pour my containers into the backpack anymore.

It works sound. Use it day in, day out with no bother at all. I personally prefer a trolley setup to a van mount just because you have less hose trailing around everywhere.
Nice one. Ive never used a van mount but i can see the pros and cons of either system, i guess it boils down to what u get used to.

I only wfp the upstairs and trad the bottoms somi down need all that much pure water, and i only do this on certain roads too, tall houses

Back