Anyone using Moreman Liquidator?

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Clearview Lee, Aug 17, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Clearview Lee

Clearview Lee Well-Known Member

I'm just interested in trying one. Has anyone tried & tested the Liquidator??

Also, what's the rubber like??

Cheers!

Advertisement
  2. Eric Gilliand

Eric Gilliand Well-Known Member

Yep, all sizes in Wagtail and the Moerman handles. If you're not used to using a dog-eared squeegee there will be a bit of adjustment required. I see the 12" has just been released and think that's probably the ideal size for UK domestic glass. That size I'd put in their blue bi component handle which I've warmed to over the last few weeks. Their rubber is good but it's soft so not good for hotter climates and it does tear up easily on wooden frames. I use Razer Red in my 14 and 18 and Ettore in my 10"

3. Clearview Lee

Interesting. So u use different rubbers. Why Razor & Ettore out of interest? I think they're both excellent rubbers btw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Eric Gilliand

I've been using Razer Red for a couple of years now and when I first got the liquidators I was praying it would work because I had so much of the darn stuff. Luckily for me ...magical. Ettore has amazing glide on the glass so for the 10" (quick maintenance on entrances, small partitions, mirrors etc.) it's a good match. The main advantage of the Razer Red in my everyday squeegees is the longevity. It last for ages.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Clearview Lee

Cool. I noticed my Red lasted longer too. Need to order more. So my question is, would u not buy all liquidators if they did all sizes and used their rubber??

6. Jacob

Jacob Guest

The liquidator is a great tool when your technique has adapted, not that its difficult. I only use it on a office job though due to have wooden frames rest of the time, so rubber get beaten quite easily, and for the sake of cost vs benefit i only use it on that one job. The rubber i use with it are Black Diamond, great rubber.

7. Clearview Lee

So u must have to manually cut your rubbers yourself then??

8. Jacob

Jacob Guest

If you meaning the angle cut, then yes, as far as i know the rubber do not come precut with the angle

9. Eric Gilliand

I have 10 2x14 and an 18 and until a week or so ago they were the only ones available. they've just released the 12 and 22 and I will be buying these when clips are available. I'm in NZ so for me their pre cut and shaped rubber is just too soft. Cutting other rubber to fit is no biggie after the first couple of times.

10. Clearview Lee

Thanks! Ordered a trial 18" this afternoon

Advertisement