Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Filling 25L Containers

WCF

Help Support WCF:

timbeam

Any tips on how to fill several 25l containers simultaneously? It's a real pain filling them one by one from the twin DIs.

Cheers!

I have one hose coming out of di. Put a two way splitter on it so I get 2 hoses. On the 2 hoses I put a splitter which gives me 4 hoses so I feel 4 up at a time. Takes a bit longer but ain't gotta keep coming out checking them.

When you say splitter do you just mean like a y connector cos I tried that and it's impossible to get the same flow rate through the split hoses!

Yeah a y connector. Yeah it takes longer of course but you fill 4 at once so you can go off & do other things. It's obviously gonna be slower filling 4 up to filling 1 up.

When you say splitter do you just mean like a y connector cos I tried that and it's impossible to get the same flow rate through the split hoses!
Were the hoses the same length?

I tried using a hozelock Y. It never flowed evenly. Tried it once and never again. I used to time my first container, then set a timer for the rest of them. It usually took 12 minutes to fill, so I'd set the timer at 10 mins and watch over it until it was full. Then repeat.

Like Tuffers said, I'm finding it impossible to get an equal flow through the split hoses. All the hoses are exactly the same length.

I realise they will take longer to fill and that's fine but I obviously need them to fill evenly.

Any ideas?

Cheers!

I don't know what to try!

Not to worry. Leave it with me and I'll have a mess about. If I get anywhere I'll post back.

Cheers!

Back