Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Applicator Mod?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Stratf01

I recently did insides for a heavy smoker who is housebound. Windows get done internally fairly regularly but obviously there's still a fair about of nicotine on glass which I couldn't get off without using the scrubby bit on end of applicator.

Anyway it got me thinking about whether you can get an applicator with a scrubby bit on entire length of one side of it? If not can it be modified to have one?

Just think it would have made quick work of what was a pain in the rear end. ?

I think Moerman brought out an applicator with bristles on but no idea if that would help.
Alternatively B&Q sell a roll of scouring pad material Synthetic sponge Scourer roll | DIY at B&Q for £5.30 for 3m x 140mm. That you might be able to make an applicator sleeve out of?
Thanks mate.
That stuff looks the business.
Might try see if I can sacrifice one side of an old applicator and see how I might attach this stuff.

Ideally I'd like to still use normal side to apply soap then turn it around for scrubby side ?

When I used to do a heavy smokers internal windows I'd have either a damp Ettore Porcupine or Moerman Fugu (same type microfibre with extra scrubbing bristles) sleeve and spray degreaser first then squeegee off then normal ninja sleeve with cleaner water and soap for sparkle clean. The colour of water rinsing out of porcupine sleeve was disgusting! ?

Latest Posts

Back