applicator sleeves -a really good one

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by boarcity, Apr 10, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. boarcity

boarcity Guest

just thought id share , the SYR tiger sleeve [blue and white ]is a cracking sleeve . i almost overlooked it too

When i first started out 6 yrs ago i bought a few different sleeves of different makes not knowing which was good or not. First impressions of the Syr was it was no good as it didnt scrub well and didnt hold much water either so after using it briefly i washed it in the machine and left it to one side. Months later came back to it and suddenly found it was scrubbin well. Long and short of is the fibres its made of are very like scrim fibre, you need to break it in first before it works well .Then it has a coarseness to it that makes it a fantastic scrubbing sleeve for everyday use. i now have about at least a dozen of these sleeves for my crew .

Advertisement
  2. cheapncheerful

hi thanks for that ....the trouble is when buying stuff how do you know what is good and isnt.? loose fitting sleeves after a bit of use is a pain too.....i have just got a porcupine after recommendations on here...yet to try it as i dont want to get it dirty...:rofl:

3. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

Cheers boarcity. I am looking to get some new sleeves and had planned to buy the porcupine after it was recommended on here, but might give the tiger sleeve a try.

As a matter of interest, how often does everyone change their sleeves?. I have been using the same ones for 3 years.....probably not good.

4. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

Its time to get that porcupine dirty cnc!

5. cheapncheerful

yeh i think that will be tomorrow....i am not looking forward to the mad cat woman but she keeps phoning me....she said she will be out tomorrow to buy....cat food....so i am going then....not been done for a while as i keep doing a runner....also i have an inside and he smokes an awful lot ....i get all the crappy jobs no one wants...:gush:

6. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

That catwomans house must be stinky

7. cheapncheerful

yeh only been in once to help her move stuff to the garage....hmmm lovely fragrance...i think the cats rule the house they were everywhere...the trouble is to clean it i have to go through the hens run....and then the conny is all fenced off so the cats have an orchard to roam outside in...all netted off...all the leaded on the front have thick net curtains up so i cant see what i am doing ....oh i may be doing another runner....meow...:turd: 13 cats...

8. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

The things we do hey cnc. Cats are good at hiding their **** but my boots always seem to find it.

9. TolishAPurd

I suppose I should change mine soon considering its the only one I've ever owned. :oops:

Its an unger ninja and it still seems like the day it was bought, but I bet I would notice the difference if I bought a new one. I'm open to trying some different ones though.

10. cheapncheerful

hey that does sound good or you do very little work..:zzz:...yeh the soap seems to go a lot further in a new one.....:)

Advertisement