Aqua adapter please

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by harunh, Apr 26, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. harunh

harunh Legend

Can someone recommend me a good aqua adapter for my slx25 ?

thankyou

Advertisement
  2. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

There's only one type, it's a brand name. You can however buy a tap from any window cleaning website.

3. Paul

Paul Guest

Are aqua dapters any good? How do they actually work

4. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

They screw to the top of your pole then you pull your pole hose and it stops the water flow. They seem to be ok, but personally i don't use them for the following reasons:

1- I've just paid a lot of money for a very light pole, I don't want extra weight at the very end of it.
    2- Price- they're about £60 I think, compared to a tap which costs about £12
    3- You need one for every pole, whereas a tap is on your hose & works for all your poles.

5. Paul

Paul Guest

Cheers windyman. Tap it is then lol

6. harunh

harunh Legend

im goin for the tap aswell lol

7. vito61

vito61 Well-Known Member

I started using a tap, attached to a holster. Found it to be an absolute pain. Hated being 'tied' to the hose all the time so I started to leave it on the ground and 'pinching' the hose. Moderately successful and enjoyed not having to wear a belt for working. Now I've got an aqua dapter and I think it's one of the best buys I've made. Loads of control, saving water, no belt, no holster.
    I only tend to use 1 pole so I've only bought 1. The longer pole only gets used for about 3 or 4 windows at a time so I just go back to pinching on those occasions.
    I do recommend the Aqua thingy.

8. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

I'm with Vito - Aquadapter all the way,

9. Ryan

Ryan Guest

i use a tap on the main hose itself

used the aqua stuff last year tho thay are good but tbh for the money i cant see the point if thay where around £30 then maby

10. I've taken my aqua dapter off and just use the tap. I loose a little more water but it makes me quicker between windows as I'm not trying to pull on the dam hose to turn it off. Which always works at ground level but not always first floor and up. Plus I'm using a carbon fibre goose neck and love the lightness of the pole and how rigid it is, don't want to loose that and then adapter to use a gooseneck looks like it will make the pole too long and not as stiff.

Advertisement