Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

power up hose real

WCF

Help Support WCF:

They are both by water works @tench0771.

I had the first for a year the (WCW one) and it was fine.

Now I have the other the HD one amd it is like chalk and cheese.

The first is like a Skoda - totally sound and will get you there no bother.

The HD is like a Rolls, does everything the Skoda does and does it so much smoother.

As I recall the base one os £240. Plus the cost of a reel at £80. (Though you probably have a reel you want to use) so really at £320.

The HD one cost (I think) £370 but the build quality of this reel is the difference between IKEA and Terrance Conran.

Really can't explain it but I can guarantee you will NEVER regret the HD model, it just oozes quality and style.

nce sod it ill get the hd i think push the boat outG-):rock:/emoticons/biggrin.png now were do u get the hd from can u put a link up please green:)

I've just bought the cheaper one, £199 from wcw. It's assembled and I will fit this week.

I will ring them as I've got a 12v socket in the back of the van and wonder if this can be used to power it. It will need an auto sparky to wire it into to lighter/plug

Tony

Last edited:
I've just bought the cheaper one, £199 from wcw. It's assembled and I will fit this week.I will ring them as I've got a 12v socket in the back of the van and wonder if this can be used to power it. It will need an auto sparky to wire it into to lighter/plug

Tony
As it draws a wack of current it will need heavy duty automotive cable directly to the battery. I would be inclined to wire it into some form of distribution box with an overload current trip switch.

I very much doubt a lighter plug will handle that for very long. A lighter socket is usually protected by a 10 amp fuse and the connection of the plug isn't very good.

I respect mlyour sparky skills @spruce but mine runs all day of my leisure battery so dont see why it shouldnt run OK off a 12v lighter socket.
@Green Pro Clean Ltd. Ok I don't have one of those units. You do so you will have the fitting instructions included.

The WCW website says that the motor draws 275w and is 12/24v. Now I'm not sure if that 275w is at 12v or 24v. At 12v it would mean that the motor would draw 22 amps and at 24v would be 11.5 amps.

@Damo once said that his electric reels could draw up to 26 amps.

A cigarette lighter socket is usually protected by a 10 amp fuse. I've seen plugs that are rated at 5 amps, 8 amps, 10 amps and 25 amps. The feed current is connected via that pin on a spring which requires the friction of the return clips to ensure a good connection. But for me that's just not good enough or secure enough to take that load over a period of time.

Also, what you might try yourself at home my be different to what you would recommend another does. What happens if @tench0771 takes advice given, the plug doesn't make a good connection, overheats and does a lot of damage to @tench0771's van?

Oh no @spruce, I have not for one second suggested that anyone try anything I advise (THERE IS MY FULL DISCLAIMER)

It was more a question, my auto electrical knowledge is limited and I simply assumed that as mine (as per instruction) is wired to the same leisure battery (12V) I run my pumps on that a 12V lighter would also suffice as a power source.

As mentioned earlier I always bow to you superior electrical knowledge.

Latest Posts

Back