aquadapter.

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by TommoTrueShineWCS, Jun 29, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. TommoTrueShineWCS

TommoTrueShineWCS Active Member

Just fitted and used the aquadapter (tug switch) for the first time. Got the job done quicker for not having to return to the pack every time I need to sort a trapped line etc. Obviously saved water but whats good is the little burst of water you get each time you tug/turn it on. That burst of water does help get the agitated topseal dirt down the window faster and riding a larger 'wave' too, which I feel could be kept flowing easier, making the cleantime for a pane shorter.

Using this burst to wet top oblong windows two/three at a time, then shutting the water off to scrub all three, then back on to rinse also saved time and water. I can see this tool becoming useful as I learn a new technique surrounding the bonuses it provides. I would recommend this on every pole for anyone and will be buying one for my old boss, as he doesnt use any form of tap...

Fitting it was easy enough, all I needed to buy was a 6mm brass hose repair/link, a male and female metal brodex 6mm hose coupling set. (and the PU Pole hose)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. C Rose Cleaning Services

I've just ordered a UNI VALVE that does the same job. Good work.

3. albootyerbaws

albootyerbaws Well-Known Member

still using my aquadapter. they all do the same job turn water on/off. tap was ok but the loop was a pain.

4. C Rose Cleaning Services

I have the Unger clamp but the loops annoy me and it constantly unclips when I'm coiling the house back up.

5. TommoTrueShineWCS

I was just pinching the cable but thats only good for in between windows, when you dont have to move the rig. ...or raise/lower the pole... I thought about a trigger but forsee the coil effect as toi much of a nuisance. Keep a cloth to pull the hose through and it uncoils better and gets cleaned too.
    I though about an aquatap but settled with the 'dapter. I find the PU hose to be much nicer to work with, tailing out of the pole and doesnt seem to get in the way as much as the unger Hiflow line.

6. TommoTrueShineWCS

Thats the one I got. Fits inside the pole nice and easy IMG_20160629_164450.jpg IMG_20160629_113159.jpg

7. Nick pegler DWC

Nick pegler DWC Active Member

You will love the univalve one of the best things I have brought for window cleaning .

8. C Rose Cleaning Services

Yeah nice. I had to order the 'o' clips separately so hopefully they're the right size.

Got a new pole ordered today as well so I can get rid of the aluminium tank that I got first time around!

9. TommoTrueShineWCS

Size 7-11. Three came with it, two for either end of the univalve and the third to sit out the top of the pole.

10. C Rose Cleaning Services

Oh, hope they do come with mine then cos I ordered 5-7 assuming the hose is 6mm. Sake!!

Advertisement