Aquatic Heater

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Neil, Dec 18, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Neil

Neil Grand Master

What do i need to set this up in my tank and how do i use it ? Lol

Advertisement
  2. Donny

Donny Well-Known Member

A big leisure battery, an inverter, a split relay charger to charge the battery from your van, and the heater itself of course, that should do it

3. Neil

Neil Grand Master

I have a battery in my van that runs my pump and varistream can i run it off the same battery? How much will all this cost? Thanks matey

4. Donny

Donny Well-Known Member

Before i got my hotbox in my wheelie bin cleaning van i had this setup to prevent my water freezing in winter , its a while ago but got all bits off ebay
    The inverter was about £30, the heater was 300w as i recalland about £10, and used a leisure battery 110ah, about £75, i didnt used to use battery in van, didnt want it bit flat in mornings, used to go out at night chuck heater in tank and connect to inverter then too battery, in morning used to disconnect it all and put battery on charge for next cold night,this was just a winter arrangement for me, hope that helps, its a good system for stoping your van from freezing in winter as ytank acts as a radiator and keeps van above 0 all night, some other lads might be able to help on whether you can use your pump battery, im sure you can

5. Neil

Neil Grand Master

Cool thanks for that mate , i need to find out where the best place would be i spose like you said ebay , could i not plug the heater into a mains socket and leave it on over night?

6. Donny

Donny Well-Known Member

Absolutely, you can buy a thermostatic doo daa for them for safety , just run a cable too your van, i didnt have that option at the time

7. Neil

Neil Grand Master

But i bet it uses up a lot of electricity , what would be the best heater and how long would it take to make the water warm? Sorry for all the questions mate thanks for your help

8. Neil

Neil Grand Master

9. Donny

Donny Well-Known Member

10. Neil

Neil Grand Master

sweet so i would plug my heater in to this then plug this thermo thing in to the mains? Would i go for the 300 watt heater ive got a 500 ltr tank can i buy a heater from a shop does it matter what one
    Thanks mate :)

Advertisement