Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My Website

WCF

Help Support WCF:

spmonkay

Here's my website!! Any good honest and constructive feedback would be much appreciated!!

www.highgleam.co.uk

I need some advice on seo though!!

You seem to have an Buy It Now button randomly floating in the middle of your introduction... Changed my resolution and zoom and din't make a difference. As for that it looks good.

I hate to pee on your efforts - you've obviously put a lot of effort into it,.. but:

You're using Wixx hosting & redirecting using iframes - google doesn't see anything inside the frame,... so you site will simply not rank properly in search results.

You need to get proper paid hosting & no iframe re-direct,... this simple step will reveal your site to google.

How much should I pay? Wix are asking £3 a month? For the basic premium pack which basically will allow me to use my domain name!

Sounds about right, are wixx a new name in the web design world?

Just seen them advertise on facebook just yesterday/today not heard of them before.

No buy it now button on my ipad 3. Looks good overall mate. The grammar needs a little bit of looking at, but not much. Your could probably do with having 'window cleaning in Southampton' in your first paragraph on your homepage and areas covered page. Most people will google that when searching for you and google bot will look for that phrase on yours and your competitors sites when deciding site rank. Increase your keyword count a little and you will be laughing.

How much should I pay? Wix are asking £3 a month? For the basic premium pack which basically will allow me to use my domain name!
Its defo worth £3 a month to get into Google!

Dodger has been helping me with mine and my current setup is a paid domain and free hosting on 000webs I think using joomla /emoticons/smile.png

If that's if any help!

Joomla is good and has lots of features similar to Wordpress. If you left click on the mouse you can view the code this is what the spiders or bots use to index your website, there are other seo techniques you could use like using your domain in signature on forums, sign written on your van on letter heads but a few hundred spent on a website which is coded properly will save you thousands in seo later on. You can pick up the basics of HTML or CSS this is my favourite http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/ and http://coding.smashingmagazine.com/ is good.

Latest Posts

Back