Are my rubbers fine?

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by jordan, Jun 9, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. jordan

jordan Member

these are the rubbers i am using in all weathers i heard that soft rubbers are for cool days and hard rubbers are for hot days but i just use soft rubbers could soft rubbers leave residue/a film behind after you have fanned?
    http://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/SKU5359.html

Advertisement
  2. boarcity

boarcity Guest

theres a lot of duff/faulty rubber out there mate. i had to return a pack of Unger that to the eye looked perfect but it just wouldnt work right. over the years iv had faulty rubber from every make apart from Wagtail. if i was you id buy a few from diffrent makes and once i found a gud un, by a stash of it

3. RiceRocket

RiceRocket Well-Known Member

The Facelift RazrbladeRED have been good for me. Try replacing your rubbers every few hundred quid to work to maintain standards.

4. cheapncheerful

yeh me had some cr ap ones...grrrr they lasted a short while then developed a kink which left a streak so i turned it over and it was okay for a while and did the same thing in the same place...you cant trust anything just because its new....

5. boarcity

boarcity Guest

also when you get your rubbers be careful how you store them. leaving them rattling around in your car or van they easily can be ruined by vibration if the blade edge touches summat hard as the van bounces along .

i now have a special long thin plastic box ,lined with soft material, just to carry my rubbers in the van .

6. seye

seye Forum Addict

Ive never been let down by ettore rubbers, however I only buy a few at a time for the very reason that it would irritate the life out me if I bought a bulk back and a few of them were duff.

I never usually go no longer than a week before replacing the rubber.

One thing maybe to check if you have had the same problem with a few rubbers is the squeegee channel look down the channel and see is there is a slight kink or bend in it as this would also cause ressidue to be left on window after fanning.

7. TolishAPurd

Cnc, ifyou're getting a streak in the same place every time then there is a good chance its your BOAB. Following some advice on here I put some duck tape on the top of where the blade makes contact. It works a treat.

8. rugbywolf

rugbywolf Forum Addict

I'm really surprised at this, I've never, as far as I know, had bad rubbers of any make. One thing I have noticed though, with Pulex, is when they are new, say the first house or so, you have to go very lightly with them, and then they're OK.

9. cheapncheerful

ta tolish will try that...:)

10. boarcity

boarcity Guest

#10 boarcity, Jul 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2014
    couple of years ago i bought a large pack of Unger soft, 14 inches. first day i tried them they would not squeegee right. i knew it was not me cos my employee mentioned he too was having a problem.
    so i phoned up my supplier . he said return them. as it happens he isnt too far away so we drove over to the shop. Supplier was convinced it was my channel that was bent, i use a wagtail and he said thats your problem.But i wasnt having any of that tosh ,and after some persuasion he loaded up one of the rubbers into his own Ergotech squeegee and soaped up ,cleaned the shop door window. it hadnt been cleaned in a long time.
    he was surprised ,couldnt get a clean swipe- tried several times but oh no , the rubber was indeed faulty . he then couldnt find my original invoice on his computer to give me a refund and at first accused me i bought it somewhere else.In the end he gave in and refunded me. Because the rubber still was all in the packet ,looked perfect to the eye too,he put it back on the shelf and said he was going to sell it as normal!

Advertisement