Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hosepipe connectors for van setup

WCF

Help Support WCF:

johnny bravo

does anyone use push fit fittings on there hosepipe connections from tank to pump to reel etc.

which pushfits do i need to cut the waterflow when disconnecting pushfits from each other if i needed to disconnect pump from hose without too much water waste or mess on floor.

looking on ebay , ill need something like the reel and pole hose fittings , which will stop the waterflow when disconected.

at the moment i have fitted a hosepipe as fittings to reel to get started.

any feedback will be great

johnny, not sure what you are looking for. On your van mount you usually leave the reel connected to the system. If want to disconnect the reel, if you have done your outlet like I have done, then just turn off the water at the outlet and remove the reel. If you use garden type hose then use the normal hozelock fittings. If you use smaller hose ,use the Gardiner fittings with barbed end. Some of these have shut off valve built in.

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/QR-Metal-Hose-Couplings.html

hi jimmy, i mean just around pump fitting, si i can disconnect pump from its pushfit fittings, with the least water dripping out of connections from setup, to save it from freezing frost getting to it. meaning water supply vai both ends of other fittings wont leak and close the fittings when disconnecting from hosepipe push fittings preventing water leaking ill take a few pics tomorrow, hopefully get a better plan for connections.

I'm sure you can get push fits the size you want with a tap shut off but I've never found the need myself.

its incase i need to bring my pump in from van in severe winter freezing, just set van up, i dont want pump freezing inside itself, maybe id be best insulating it somehow,

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
winp, it depends which shurflo you have regarding barb fittings, female and male , both have different connections going into pump.

im after pushfits which will not allow water to escape if disconnected.

jimmy linked gardeners fittings. ill get settled down first,

my dispatch seems bigger getting in and out of drive, may have to downsize , ill see after new year

winp, it depends which shurflo you have regarding barb fittings, female and male , both have different connections going into pump.im after pushfits which will not allow water to escape if disconnected.

jimmy linked gardeners fittings. ill get settled down first,

my dispatch seems bigger getting in and out of drive, may have to downsize , ill see after new year
I've just recently got a Dispatch, although it seems big to begin with you soon get used to it & it just becomes normal.

ill give it till after new year, maybe its because ive still got my ford estate, ill do my first clean on monday via taking the van out, im looking out for a secondhand roofrack now, see if i can get a full setup.

What van have you got as I have a set of thule roof bars you can have that came off my old berlingo when it got scrapped.

Sorry I've just re-read you posts and see that the roof bars will not fit a dispatch van

Latest Posts

Back