Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Vikan sill brush.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

jack b

Does anyone use this sill brush for regular cleaning and if so, do you recommend it. I have been using the Gardiner Superlite for years but they wear out so quickly IMO. I suspect the Vikan will feel a bit like a brick compared to the Gardiner ones but I want some stuff that will last. Any thoughts ?

if your a window cleaner and cant afford to replace brushes then xline sill brush is for you , hey ive got one you can have for northing , but if you can afford to keep replaceing them then don't bother

you will work slower = earning less

get tried quicker = earning less

and you will get tennis elbow = earning less

take it from me and learn from my mistake I made

if your a window cleaner and cant afford to replace brushes then xline sill brush is for you , hey ive got one you can have for northing , but if you can afford to keep replaceing them then don't bother
you will work slower = earning less

get tried quicker = earning less

and you will get tennis elbow = earning less

take it from me and learn from my mistake I made
Thanks for the info noddy. From what I saw a few days ago, I think the price of them was not too different from the Gardiners brush. I take the point that they are probably heavier (I havn't held one) and wondered if they lasted. Guess I will stick to Gardiners then. Cheers

Thanks for the info noddy. From what I saw a few days ago, I think the price of them was not too different from the Gardiners brush. I take the point that they are probably heavier (I havn't held one) and wondered if they lasted. Guess I will stick to Gardiners then. Cheers

they last a long time had mine on the brush for over 19 months , but its took its told on me and two staff were now going as light as poss due to hurting ourselfs , if I get three months out of these brushes and my arm stops hurting it will be worth the extra spending

they last a long time had mine on the brush for over 19 months , but its took its told on me and two staff were now going as light as poss due to hurting ourselfs , if I get three months out of these brushes and my arm stops hurting it will be worth the extra spending
Wow, that's good to know. Cheers

They are not heavy when you hold them.

Stick it on a pole, extend it at an angle over let's say a conservatory and you might think differently. You will by then have wasted your money.

They are not heavy when you hold them.Stick it on a pole, extend it at an angle over let's say a conservatory and you might think differently. You will by then have wasted your money.
Thanks Minty...yeah that's hard enough with my trusty slx and the Gardiner brush I currently use. Anything out there that's as light as the Gardiner but lasts more than 3 months of everyday use ?

Thanks Minty...yeah that's hard enough with my trusty slx and the Gardiner brush I currently use. Anything out there that's as light as the Gardiner but lasts more than 3 months of everyday use ?
Not to my knowledge and I've tried a fair few.

Try to look at the brush as an expense to replace monthly. One guy I read unscrews it andspins it round 180* to gain a little more bristle, I'd sooner have a new brush.

If you know any local lickers see if you can borrow one of their old brushes, most of us have shed fulls of what was once new!

I wouldt go Vikan ! It IS a brick ! Started out with Them back in the days 9 yrs ago when started adding wfp to the business . They last forever though ... now im gardiners super lite medium mixed . Good for both hot and cold systems.

Thanks for all the replies guys, its good to hear the issues and make informed decisions. :thumbsup:

Xline brushes only way to go. I do use a Gardiner's for lead windows. Keep the vikan brush by the side of your bed then if you get burgled you can throw it at his head and knock the bar stewed out.

Xline brushes only way to go. I do use a Gardiner's for lead windows. Keep the vikan brush by the side of your bed then if you get burgled you can throw it at his head and knock the bar stewed out.
I've only just switched from the Xline sill brush (flocked) to gardener extreme mixed. The gardiner bounces a lot less down leads and I get the impression it won't last very long, but is very light. I had my xline silk brush for about 2 years and it was great. I still have it just incase.

As for my old vikan I think I let that go after one of us tripped once, with the whip on the brush it smashed a double glazed window. It's a shame the house wasn't being demolished in hindsight cos it probably would have been up to the job. And saved them the expense of a wrecking ball

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back