Are You Mad?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Vince Green, Nov 27, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Vince Green

Vince Green Active Member

Stuck indoors this morning with the rain, it eased off to a light drizzle so I thought I would get out and try to make something of the day. First house, a newish customer I have only cleaned a few times before.

So I arrive, ring the bell and out she comes. Big pantomime shock/horror face on, looks over my shoulder and starts "Are you mad? You are surely not thinking of cleaning the windows in THIS???"

" I was, but I won't if you don't want me to"

"WELL I DON'T!" head shaking and tutting like she's talking to a complete moron, then shuts the door.

so I'll take that as a no then

And yet you read on forums people say all their customers are fine about having their windows cleaned in the rain. Well not mine it seems.

so what happens now, do I go back another time or just take her off the system?

Advertisement
  2. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

go back an other time, the weather has been terrible, i wouldnt want my windows cleaned in this weather,

dont listen to a lot of people, they tell you they earn £300 plus a day, yet moan when they lose a days work, full of bull

3. Posh

Posh Hero

That's true. Light drizzle yes but not like it has been. She probably had a point but would def go back. There are people who don't like it in the rain & that's fair enough. I try pick the custies that maybe ain't in.

4. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

i agree with this!
    when its raining i just move it onto the next day etc!

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Also helps if they understand that wfp works great in light rain but some just don't get it especialy some old folk.

6. A.K WINDOWS

i drop people like that cant be arsed with them what does it matter if its dry mon you clean them,then it p1sses it down tues? load of sh1t them custys

7. laddergarder

I had a customer like this once, when I was just starting out. I let it be, and the next month her booking came, and it was raining again. So I called her up, and told her I would have to cancel, and leave her to next month, as I had no other slots available for her. She moaned about that as well. Afterwards, I continued her windows in light rain as normal, and she didn't complain again.

I don't know how bad the weather was when you showed up at this customers door, but I do work in mild conditions. No kidding, shock, I work in the rain. Vince don't take one customers reaction, as a president for how all your customers feel.

I was out in a shower just last week there, and took a short video, mainly because it was sleety, and definitely cold enough to turn to snow. It was only on for about 20 mins, but I had already done the back of them, so put the hood up and carried on. The was taken shortly before knocking the customers door, and I didnt recieve a single complaint from any of them. In fact one gave me a £2 tip.

8. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

I clean in light rain but not if it's chucking it.

To be honest, I think the first mistake is ringing the bell. You don't want to give people the opportunity to say no to your services. This time it's no cos it's raining, the next time it could be no cos she aint got any money, and then no cos she don't think they need cleaning.

I just turn up once per month and do it. If customers are wishy-washy, I politely tell them I am trying to establish a round of regular monthly customers, as that's the only way you can run this business.

9. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

windyman Is right, you DON'T knock, you just get on with it, the only times I knock, is on the second and third clean, so customer knows its that time of the month, after that I just clean then knock for money...

10. mr shine

mr shine Guru

some customers will let me clean in light rain and some wont , if their at work il belt away and so far no complaints

Advertisement