Asked To Do A Quote Today And....WOW!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Tuffers, Apr 22, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

"Grand Designs" wanted to film the building of this project, so I was told by the owner today. They have built this one and are in the process of building a second one next to it, that is even bigger! The people wanted a quote for 8 weekly inside and out. It has a lawn on the roof and there will be 450 square metres of glass to clean if in and out are done. There are some very tricky windows to reach as can be seen in the pics below. Pole tradding the inside is a bit of a no no as dirty water could run down the paint work. Also the high internal windows are set back at the base of the glass by about 12", so a pole would not get to it. There is a glass balustrade on some parts of the house which need cleaning both sides, slight problem as the inside of them is 20' from a courtyard.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

How would you tackle this one then?

Advertisement
  2. cheapncheerful

yep you know what i am going to say....do a runner....i wouldnt mind the outside but inside....:eek:

3. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

We'll if I get it cheapncheerful, I think I will have to invest in a Dragonfly kit, which won't even pay for itself on the first clean. Hope I don't get it now :D

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Grand design indeed...I take it the glass is not self cleaning then? :rofl:

5. TolishAPurd

Dammmn that looks a toughy. I'd love to have a go on those big ground floor windows but other ones look a bastardo.

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Or maybe get one of these instead :D

7. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

Looks like a challenge tuffers. Those high internals look particularly difficult because of the way they sit back. I would have to do them with a ladder with a stand off and then pole it. But sounds like poling is a no no. And it doesnt sound practicable to be carrying a ladder around inside.

Just about to google dragonfly kit.

8. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

Now theres an Idea

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

You can make your own dragon fly at a fraction of the cost

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I was kidding as the built in battery would run out very quickly on a job that size.
    You can't run it from mains power whilst it's charging either as I found out :whistle:

Advertisement