Asked to do a several jobs advice needed

Discussion in 'Pressure Washing' started by Clisty1989, Sep 7, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Clisty1989

Clisty1989 Forum Addict

I was doing an fsg job the other day and was asked if i could do her drive. I explained that i didnt have the equioment but was looking into it and thought nothing more of it. Toady i got asked by several customer if i knew anyone who could do the patios, drives etc and then had the idea of hiring a pressure washer for a week and smashing them all out in one hit. Which then made me think what else would i need and how much to charge per m2. The only pressure washer i could find for hire at a reasonable price is 15lpm and only had the lance and turbo nozzle, would that be sufficient? How much hypo would i need on average and how long should i leave it? Any advice would be great. Ive never thought about it in great detail before so havent done my homework and thought this is probably the best place to start.
    Williams Jet Wash if i remember right your not far from me so do you mind if i ask what you charge? Eviestevie you know your stuff any pointer for me. I know theres a lot on here who do it just cant remember who you all are. Any help, tips or advice will be greatly recieved, not looking at adding it permenantly, just thought if i get several requests i could hire one and do them all in one hit

Advertisement
  2. Williams Jet Wash

Williams Jet Wash Williams jet wash Services

Hi Clisty1989 the price various wildly you have to view each job and go from there really. My notes when I price a pressure washing job include 1. Outside tap 2. Drainage points 3. Surface I.e block paving, patio, decking. 4. Obstacles in way pots tables.

3. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

Agree with above
    With experience you will know what to look for check etc
    Like tap pressure is a must
    Good money to be made although I'd personally be tempted to buy rather than rent
    They don't take long to pay for themselves
    15lpm is fine but I'd always recommend a 21llm now
    its nice if you have a machine just to be able to whip it out if you've got a job no going hire centre etc making sure they got one then returning next day

4. Clisty1989

Clisty1989 Forum Addict

If all goes well then i may buy one, im going to see how this goes first, id rather test the water with these jobs to see if its something that id like to keep doing, i dont have the funds to buy one on the off chance its gonna work out

5. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

Yes mate that makes sense
    What I did was line up far few jobs and book them in the following month then when I could see the work bought my first machine ready for jobs
    First 3 jobs paid for itself

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I booked in 2 patio and pathway jobs for February today
    Been showing my customers some pics and explaining what i can do for them
    I'm busy at the moment but selling it as a service ready for next spring and nice clean patios
    Definitely gonna get a decent 21lpm soon

7. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

I can help you mate

8. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Ta buddy
    I have been looking on fleabay but don't know what I'm looking at really

9. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Eviestevie how much would your new machine cost to build not on a trolley?
    I could build one and stick it in a van permanently

10. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

If you can source a good gx390 engine your half way there
    Plenty if keep I eye on eBay
    Just make sure it has the right shaft
    The rest I can help with parts etc
    The loncin engines get very good reviews and are used I lot of commercial generators and lot cheaper than honda

Advertisement