Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

You will not believe it!

Will he last?

• Total voters
There's a guy in my area the same on fb. Prices from £4 and he gets lots of response.

But you have to look who's responding it's mostly benefit types that haven't got tworse pennies to rub together. would you want to clean 30 houses a day to make a decent living and then spend the rest of the week trying to extract the money?

I see your point but at the moment, I'm not exactly busy all the time so I'd rather give them the benefit of the doubt. If they don't pay up then they won't be seeing me again. Nothing lost, nothing gained.

im not sure if i should feel sorry for this guy or feel a tad worried, there are customers which seem to know his round dates as to when he comes lol and there complaining, haha. he should be taking to them over private messaging and all replied to his FB wall as chosen but hey that's just me /emoticons/biggrin.png but £5 a house i have a have a house which is £60 come do it for a £5er lol

I see your point but at the moment, I'm not exactly busy all the time so I'd rather give them the benefit of the doubt. If they don't pay up then they won't be seeing me again. Nothing lost, nothing gained.
I have no where near a full round only about 2 days a week worth if that. Luckily I'm quite busy with car valeting otherwise I would be struggling. I know it's frustrating but your only options are to drop your prices to get the work in (might not be a bad idea for now you can always drop them later) or the other option is to stick to your guns and keep knocking doors people will bite at any price if your persistent enough. With regards bad payers you're right you have to give benefit of the doubt just in my experience those who want cheap tend to be messers. My target customer needs to be able to pay online and has to show a genuine interest in wanting them cleaned not just keen to get them done cheap.

The way I look at it is this. My average price at is £11.34 my target was 12 average that eould pit me at the high end in my area. Now I only have about 100 cuties but if I have found 100 who will pay it and only marketed to 1% of houses in my city then I can be pretty confident the odds say if I keep going I will hit my target. At the end of the day I know how much I want to earn to live how I want to live and no benefit waddler charging a fiver is gonna stop me. End of

I'm not sure if this is a good analogy but when I used to work in travel industry I remember the upset and controversy caused when the low cost airlines started appearing. Suddenly people who were used to paying £250 plus for a flight to Barcelona could get there for under £10. The low cost airlines did this by cutting their services to the bare bones, no food, very limited baggage allowance, basically providing the bare minimum they have to comply with regulations. Obviously some 20 years on the likes of Ryanair and Easyjet are still with us and flourishing. & we have even seen flag carriers like BA adopt some of the same low cost price saving techniques in their businesses.

I wonder if these "low cost" window cleaners will be doing the same quality of job as the rest of us who charge a reasonable and fair price for our time.

It's worth considering that there will always be a section of customers who either by choice or need only pay the min. for certain "non essential" services. That's why tesco, Sainsbury's etc have their basic / value ranges and also their taste the difference / Luxury brands. You pays your money you take your choice.

T

Here's a question to you all, if the gloves came off as far as competitors pricing went, and you had to find a way to clean an average house for a £5 how would you do this? Would we go back to cleaning glass only and charge extra for frames and sills etc.

Of course I'm just playing devil advocate here but sometimes it's not a bad thing to think through worse case scenarios.

I'm not sure if this is a good analogy but when I used to work in travel industry I remember the upset and controversy caused when the low cost airlines started appearing. Suddenly people who were used to paying £250 plus for a flight to Barcelona could get there for under £10. The low cost airlines did this by cutting their services to the bare bones, no food, very limited baggage allowance, basically providing the bare minimum they have to comply with regulations. Obviously some 20 years on the likes of Ryanair and Easyjet are still with us and flourishing. & we have even seen flag carriers like BA adopt some of the same low cost price saving techniques in their businesses.
I wonder if these "low cost" window cleaners will be doing the same quality of job as the rest of us who charge a reasonable and fair price for our time.

It's worth considering that there will always be a section of customers who either by choice or need only pay the min. for certain "non essential" services. That's why tesco, Sainsbury's etc have their basic / value ranges and also their taste the difference / Luxury brands. You pays your money you take your choice.

T

Here's a question to you all, if the gloves came off as far as competitors pricing went, and you had to find a way to clean an average house for a £5 how would you do this? Would we go back to cleaning glass only and charge extra for frames and sills etc.

Of course I'm just playing devil advocate here but sometimes it's not a bad thing to think through worse case scenarios.
I personally would just give up, if a customer only wants to pay peanuts then they best get a chimpanzee to clean the windows :whistle:

Being self employed is great, but there comes a point where you are just better off getting a job working for someone else. By the time that Muppet has payed his overheads he is earning the same as a teenager in Macy ds. At least you can go for a promotion in McDonald's, and work your way up. I like window cleaning, but if the money was **** as it is for him then I would take a different route.

This guy is charging £5 per house regardless of size and people are all over him. I'll give it a few week and put something like:
Did you think the price was too good to be true?

Would you like a reasonable price for a regular window cleaner?

Give me a call to have your free quote. View attachment 9160
He will learn a very hard lesson doing that! Won't last long mate so would not worry, give him a few hour plus first cleans and let him work out his bottom line! Only a moron would have a price structure like that. Proper customers would never use people that cheap IMO. Much prefer reliable quality workmanship and happy to pay for it.

Back