At what point?

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by JJ Window Cleaners, Aug 27, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. JJ Window Cleaners

I was just wondering at what point you decided to get a van? or did you start off using a van?

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

When I could not get anything more on/in me car :D

3. boarcity

boarcity Guest

after my first year. one of the big advantages for this job is that vans always have bigger side mirrors than cars do

4. TolishAPurd

I remember a great post on here awhile back from someone talking about how vans area new thing for WCers and only really necessary for WFPers. It made a lot of sense to me when I thought about it. If I didn't do so many other trades then I would just have a car, or maybe a smaller van (fuel economy, fits tight spaces, duel purpose).

5. TolishAPurd

But to answer your question, I bought my van when I started my business.

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I started with a van years ago and will get one again soon

7. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

When my car turned into a mobile pond.

I was doing WFP out of a Vectra with the boot full of barrels, a trolley, 30' pole and a DI vessel. God knows why I carried the DI in the boot :confused:

I decided it was time to get a van and bought a Citroen Dispatch. My barrels and trolley looked lost in it :D. As time went on, I bought the gear for a full van mount, extra poles, gutter vac, warning signs etc, at times it is choka block now.

It's the best thing I have bought for my business without doubt :thumbsup:

8. laddergarder

#8 laddergarder, Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
    I currently have two kangoos, which are technically estate cars with the windows blacked out with vinal, and have just bought a ford transit.

When I started I used my wife's car which was a vw polo, then after a few months, bought my first car. A Rover 400 for £500. A roof rack and I was on my way.

That car lasted 12 months, then was scraped. I then bought a renault kangoo. Over the years I have had three kangoos, always the etate car version with the rear seats and windows. I once read it was cheaper on the insurance, than going for a panel van.

Now however, the little kangoos are crammed with gear, including an internal roof rack for step ladders and stand offs. I have one which I intend of getting rid of soon, so have bought a nice big transit, which gives me the option of getting a large WFP system or looking a preasure washing in the future.

So 7 year before I bought a panel van for me, but using small kangoos since my second year at it.

9. norm

norm Grand Master

thought you posted you had two kangeroos there i need more coffee i think:rolleyes:

10. rugbywolf

rugbywolf Forum Addict

I had a motor bike and sidecar, just like Wallace and Gromit, to start with. now I've got a nice van.

Advertisement