Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Traditional window cleaning in rain

WCF

Help Support WCF:

matt18

Hi people, I am just wondering how you deal with customers when it rains,

I am getting quite a lot of customers now, and know it is only a matter of time until I have to work and deal with a customer that does not want their windows cleaned in the rain.

I don't really want to stop every time it rains as this does not earn money.

I have herd of people that just out right remove these people from the round but only want to do this as last resort

Advice much appreciated .

We do a 'rain guarantee' for our customers, if they are not happy once the rain has dried, call us and we will go back and do the windows again for free, no one ever calls as they forget all about it by the time the windows have dried.

Its the wind blowing stuff about that causes issues.

I have working in the rain within my terms and conditions on my website. In short I reserve the right to do so.

i always work in the rain. Occasionally i come across a customer who runs outside as we arrive and "gets funny" about it. i then start shouting while looking the other way [a general "look out!" type of shout,or a bark, louder than the complainer ]

i then turn around and always say,[thru gritted teeth] look we havnt got time to sit in the van, now its take it or leave it,what to god dyou want me to do?

some give in ,some say leave it, it can go either way. if they say "leave it/or "can u leave it for now" - i go all moody and wont reply . i never set eyes on them ever again. ever ever Ever

its in the lap of the gods . all i can assure you is that 90% of the population dont mind,so dont fret about it is my tip

Last edited:
Rain is purest water you can get with out ro or di so if your windows are cleaned well enough like green said give a rain garuntee
Out of interest.....what does the reading come up as when you pop a tds Meyer in rain water?

Rain is purest water you can get with out ro or di so if your windows are cleaned well enough like green said give a rain garuntee
That's not strictly true, as the rain might be clean, but it brings the muck off the surrounding walls down with it.

Its the wind blowing stuff about that causes issues.
I have working in the rain within my terms and conditions on my website. In short I reserve the right to do so.
@SPCleaning would you mind posting your website as I would like to have a peep at your t&c's :thumbsup:

I don't like working when it's raining, although I know it can be done. I personally wouldn't have my windows cleaned if it was raining. light rain and drizzle is OK up to a point. I look at it this way: it's not the custies fault, and it looks bad, it's one of the hazards of the job, same as painters, gardeners, grass cutters etc.

Here you go rugby my tap water is 380ppm rain I am harvesting is 0 11 ppm and that is running stright off my house roof at the mo
I'm not wfp, so don't understand all that. I do know that often after rain there are streaks down the glass.

Raindrops begin forming when water vapor condenses on micrometer-sized particles of dust floating in the atmosphere. The dust particles grow to millimeter-sized droplets, which are heavy enough to begin falling. As they fall, the droplets accumulate more and more moisture, until they become the large raindrops that we see here on the ground.

So when rain falls from the sky it can have half the Sahara Desert in it so to speak. Without dust particles being present it would never rain.

We do a 'rain guarantee' for our customers, if they are not happy once the rain has dried, call us and we will go back and do the windows again for free, no one ever calls as they forget all about it by the time the windows have dried.
I think this is the way to go, if the rain is torrential then ill will wait it out, but drips and drabs you gotta crack on.

Rain guarantee it is.

Have you seen polzn bladz rain harvesting vid??

collects off a clean metal roof which is kept clean and tds is around 002 so you could with it no problem

Is cleaning in the rain any different to cleaning and then it raining..I think not

My custys are happy as long as the windows are cleaned and know i would go back if there was a problem which there never is

Have you seen polzn bladz rain harvesting vid??collects off a clean metal roof which is kept clean and tds is around 002 so you could with it no problem

Is cleaning in the rain any different to cleaning and then it raining..I think not

My custys are happy as long as the windows are cleaned and know i would go back if there was a problem which there never is
I haven't seen it but I think when I go over to WFP I will start harvesting Rain water some how.

You don't get much for free these days

I don't clean in the pouring rain, but I will if its a light drizzle. if Iam already out and it starts raining, then I finish the job in hand, get in the van,and crack open the flask. Many a timeI have just finished my cup of tea and the rain cloud has passed for the day.

I just crack on

If it is quite bad i will pole from the ground where possible instead of taking the ladders off the roof

Back