Attitudes to our job.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by TolishAPurd, Aug 12, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. TolishAPurd

I've got nothing against people that lick the wrong side of the stamp, its just the bitchy little ones I don't like. Ones like this one;

[​IMG]

So this weekend I was cleaning windows at a new customers house, and he had one of the camp ones round his house cleaning. Think they might have both been on the same page of the book, so to speak. So I asked this 'guy' cleaning if I could speak to Mr _____, and he had a sarky little laugh about me calling him Mr _____. He then called up to the man and shouted; "John, the window cleaner wants to speak to you". He then quickly turned to me and apologised for calling me the window cleaner, like it was something to be ashamed of. I told him not to worry as that's what I am. But everything else he said was a bit sarky and bitchy, so it felt like he was having a dig.

It never bothers me when people look down on it. I've even had people on job seekers look down on me for it! lol I told my mrs about it this morning and she said, "doesn't it bother you?" But it doesn't, I just smile inside....

In the words of Robert Carlisle in the full monty..."Folk don't laugh so loud when you've a grand in your back pocket".

[​IMG]

2. TolishAPurd

Anyway, the point of the post was that I told my mrs that you almost need to act poor, or play to thier perceptions in this trade sometimes. The moment people realise that you might be on more money than them, is the moment they decide to cut your paycheck by sacking you off. Anyone else had this? I reckon boarcity knows what I'm talking about. Its like people want to feel good about themselves by having someone they percieve to be poor and in a dead end job working on their house for them as it makes them feel better about themselves. It reminds me of the bride that doesnt want to be upstaged by a prettier bridesmaid on her wedding day. :D

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  3. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I had people with that attitude until i reply with "how much have you earnt today?"

4. TolishAPurd

Most probably couldn't even tell you as they just live from monthly paycheck to the next.

5. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Is that the real issue Tolish? You the bridesmaid yet again? Never the bride? :p

6. We are all onto a goodun. Keep it quiet and smile to yourself.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 4
    • List
  7. TolishAPurd

...exactly green.

upload_2015-8-12_20-6-7.jpeg

8. Green Pro Clean Ltd

LMFAO - Bet that dress cost you more than most peoples monthly cheque to boot!

9. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

Im not a window cleaner, i offer a window cleaning service.

But really im a business owner. Never though about people looking down, i usually look down on them as i feel superior to most (bit of a **** lol)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. TolishAPurd

Only problem is it gets snagged on my ladder, and people always stop in the street to look up at my giblets.