Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wfp - Freezing

WCF

Help Support WCF:

a 3kw immersion heater uses 3kw an hour, so for every hour its on it uses 37.5p that's if you electric rate is 12.5p which is average price. so if u turn it on at 11pm and turn it off at 6am(guessing) that uses £2.67 a night.
my ele at night is 6p on the eco 7 thing

How have u got it wired up and with what wire???
it is on a 13 amp plug, on a socket outside the wire is immersion wire, i had it wired by an spark, never had a prob in 2 years, as this is the only thing drawing current on the plug so is fine

it is on a 13 amp plug, on a socket outside the wire is immersion wire, i had it wired by an spark, never had a prob in 2 years, as this is the only thing drawing current on the plug so is fine
you wont win Rc has a problem with wiring to a immersion heater , but we know it is the best cheapest hot water /emoticons/wink.png

you wont win Rc has a problem with wiring to a immersion heater , but we know it is the best cheapest hot water /emoticons/wink.png
Grow up mark, I only have a problem with people that can't tell people about the dangers of what could happen if you wire it up wrong, lot of people don't know how to wire anything up and the worst thing that could go wrong doing it wrong is death as it can catch fire, but it seems you don't really care if that happens to anyone else that is wishing to do it.

I have nothing against it when it's done right. Kids lives could be at stake!!!!!!

Nice, glad to hear someone done it the right way! (its not immersion wire, it's just a heat resistant wire)

And just for your information it only cost £1.20 for a whole day to run the gas heater! So in the long run gas heater is cheaper! /emoticons/tongue.png

Or if you are as lucky as me, it don't cost a thing as gas is free for me! So cheaper still!!! Lol

And just for your information it only cost £1.20 for a whole day to run the gas heater! So in the long run gas heater is cheaper! /emoticons/tongue.png

Or if you are as lucky as me, it don't cost a thing as gas is free for me! So cheaper still!!! Lol
Dont be silly rc we have been though this 1000`s x a day immersion heater cost £30 + £2 day to use say 10 times a year which inc heating all van up all night your boiler £200 plus gas plus electric to heat van up plus lose of space everybody has there choice so stop slagging down immersion heater

Grow up mark, I only have a problem with people that can't tell people about the dangers of what could happen if you wire it up wrong, lot of people don't know how to wire anything up and the worst thing that could go wrong doing it wrong is death as it can catch fire, but it seems you don't really care if that happens to anyone else that is wishing to do it.

I have nothing against it when it's done right. Kids lives could be at stake!!!!!!

Rc dont be silly i dont advise how to wire a immersion up because i am not electrian are you ? but i can say how to plumb a immersion heater in as i am a quallfied plumber are you ?

rcproperty i hope you are not advising on electrics as the h& s will not be happy because you are not a sparks

Rc dont be silly i dont advise how to wire a immersion up because i am not electrian are you ? but i can say how to plumb a immersion heater in as i am a quallfied plumber are you ?
That's why I am saying about the electric side of it, in the past I have worked several years with fully qualified electrician as that was part of my company. ever since the part p came into play thats when i cam out of doing electrics, with my knowlege i know how to wire up a house from scratch! im just not part p registered.

as for the plumbing side of it also thats something else that i have done over the last 15 years too, just not gas as im not gas safe registered!

people forget that ive only just started window cleaning in the last 3 years, and that i have run a property maintenance company for 15 years! plus my family have been in the building trade for the last 40 years!

Dont be silly rc we have been though this 1000`s x a day immersion heater cost £30 + £2 day to use say 10 times a year which inc heating all van up all night your boiler £200 plus gas plus electric to heat van up plus lose of space everybody has there choice so stop slagging down immersion heater
yes the gas heater costs more to buy, but the running costs are a lot cheaper than using an immersion and its the running cost that we are taking about.

the boilere was only £150 lol like you say if you have the immersion on for 6 hours then it costs £2.25 any longer than that then it costs more to run. unless you are on economy 7 like bluemonkey says he is. where the gas if you have to buy the gas it only costs £1.20 thats if you run the heater for non stop each day for 5 days over a 2 week period.

the elecetic for those 3 heaters works out to be 2p and hour so if you times that by 6 hours its 12p.

total running cost for 1 night elec and 1 day warm water (same water temp all day) is £1.32 saving 0.93p

like i have said in all the posts when you accuse me of putting them down, im not putting them down it is a good idea, a quick cheap thing to buy and fit, and it would be safe when it is wired up the right way.

my concern is that there are a lot of guys on here that wouldnt know how to wire one up and the dangers of doing it the wrong way. with you being a plumber im sure u wouldnt want joe bloggs off the street to come in and plumb in a gas boiler when they have not done it before??

rcproperty i hope you are not advising on electrics as the h& s will not be happy because you are not a sparks
yes i am giving advise on electrics, as i have been working with them over several years in the past! only reason i came out and stoped doing elecetrics is because you had to be part p registered, and as that wasnt my 100% only job i decided to to come out of that as it wasnt cost effective for me.

i come from a building background family that has been doing it fro the last 40 years, i have been in it for the last 15 years, i only give advise on things i know about and give all the facts about them, i dont give out half the infomation like some people do, and miss out the part that could kill people!

It's getting a bit heated here with all these immersions and gas heaters!!

Chill guys and keep it friendly /emoticons/smile.png
i am keeping it friendly, its the others lol /emoticons/biggrin.png

I agree with rcpropmaitn....

Id rather take advice off someone with a proven track record than some of the monkeys on here.

Just for the record. ....this forum is very poor for talking about actual cleaning threads. .

If u post something tidy like I have in the past u get slated by the del boys...

I think people should actually take good advice as its ...free....

Dnt try to better that advice just to boost your ego...

Rc if I was closer u could do both my vans for me..

I agree with rcpropmaitn....

Id rather take advice off someone with a proven track record than some of the monkeys on here.

Just for the record. ....this forum is very poor for talking about actual cleaning threads. .

If u post something tidy like I have in the past u get slated by the del boys...

I think people should actually take good advice as its ...free....

Dnt try to better that advice just to boost your ego...

Rc if I was closer u could do both my vans for me..
thanks for that nice to see that someone else is on the same wave length.

thats ture, most sparkies have a call out fee! lol thats where im going wrong, free advise oh well glad to help really! lol

thanks yer it is a shame that im not closer, dam this distance thing! lol have had a few guys that have asked about doing vans, maybe im the wrong side of the game! lol

Goldoak what would you class as an actual cleaning thread ?

" lads I saw a window yesterday and it was covered in bird ****,I dived up the ladder with my scraper and removed it pronto !! I felt so good afterwards ! Oh and it was an unger scraper !"

How about that mate ? Is that tidy enough ???

Back