Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Swivel Heads

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I use one, find it really useful cleaning windows over obstacles allows you to get in all the corners much better, and are good for doing downstairs windows too much easier to manoeuvre.... only downside is sometimes scrubbing downstairs window cills can be a little awkward to get good pressure, but soon learn a knack.

had no problems with the screw  yet, just a little tweak to get it swivelling smoothly without flipping around.

works perfect with the univalve.   

I use the quik-loq one because I then have the option to change brushes on the job should I need to, without having to change the gooseneck as well. The one you’ve linked to has the advantage of the swivel movement being closer to the brush which can feel a little nicer to use.

I'm using one of the prototypes from @H MAN.. amazing compared to the ones on the market currently

I will get adams0211 to film me using it with my 35cm ultimate tomorrow on some flats we do together 

Got 3 floor blocks to do and usually have to take advantage of the swivel to get over parked cars on 1 of the blocks

I'm using one of the prototypes from @H MAN.. amazing compared to the ones on the market currently

I will get adams0211 to film me using it with my 35cm ultimate tomorrow on some flats we do together 

Got 3 floor blocks to do and usually have to take advantage of the swivel to get over parked cars on 1 of the blocks

In what way does it amaze you compared to other offerings Dave?

This is a genuine question from an interested windy :window-cleaner-emoticon:

Last edited by a moderator:
In what way does it amaze you compared to other offerings Dave?

This is a genuine question from an interested windy :window-cleaner-emoticon:
Have you ever used a wagtail and seen how it swivels keeping the pressure even and just feels instictive?

That is how it feels on the brush

Very direct movement but not flopping about either

Have you ever used a wagtail and seen how it swivels keeping the pressure even and just feels instictive?

That is how it feels on the brush

Very direct movement but not flopping about either

Never used a Wagtail so don't know the feeling.

However, I wonder if what you describe is due to the contact area at the pivot point. It's much larger/wider on HMan's design than either of the Gardiner ones. This would lead to you having to use less pressure to hold the ends of a blade/brush down I'd imagine.

It's about pressure distribution

With the gardiners one and other similar ones the pressure is more in 1 spot than the other when it swivels

This is even across the brush due to how and where it pivots

I just hope he puts them into production so people can try them

It's about pressure distribution
With the gardiners one and other similar ones the pressure is more in 1 spot than the other when it swivels
This is even across the brush due to how and where it pivots
I just hope he puts them into production so people can try them

Have you tried the one in the link?

I've heard it's better as the swivel is closer to the brush head.

I don't need quick loc as I have fixed brushes so this will work for me

Have you tried the one in the link?

I've heard it's better as the swivel is closer to the brush head.

I don't need quick loc as I have fixed brushes so this will work for me
The one in the link is fine

I use the quickloc version but that one is more responsive being nearer the brush

Back