average price for a semi detached house

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by squeegeeman, Apr 26, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. squeegeeman

squeegeeman Newcomer

80% of my jobs are semi detached with bay windows almost all are £10 and i average 3 every two hours of ladders.

I bought this round last year and am thinking of a price rise

what id like to know is what you guys charge for a semi detached home

i think £12 of ladders with frames wiped is more appropriate

what do you think?

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I know they can be awkward to do but not being funny it takes you on average to do 3 x 3 bed bay fronted semis every 2 hours you're going to struggle to make much as a trad cleaner for sure unless you do very long hours. No matter how much you put your prices up by a couple of quid or more. Spending an average of 40 mins on each one on a regular monthly clean seems way to long to me.

Even me using a wfp now I could bash them out 3 an hour quite easy and I'm sure the likes of daveyboy1 can do them by trad in less than 20 mins each too without breaking into a sweet.

Price increases is always a dificult one as you may loose one or two customers in the proccess so best test the waters first to see what reaction you get. If they have not been put up in years then maybe all good. New customers however you can charge what you like and put them onto your new pricing structure from day one.

Best of luck & Keep safe :thumbsup:

3. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

#3 daveyboy, Apr 26, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
    For arguments sake if all your custys were 10 quid and you put prices up by 2 quid and lost 20% of them you would be making the same money for 4 5ths of the workload so i wouldn't worry about losing a few as that spare time can be used for new jobs on the new price structure

I think my maths may be slightly off but look at it like this
    100 custys x £10= £1000
    80 custys x £12= £960
    - £40 for 20% less customers
    84 customers gives you 8 quid more than your previous 100
    Now times that by a 250 customers and it starts making a big difference

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. squeegeeman

squeegeeman Newcomer

Prices have been same for 6 years according to previous window cleaner its a reasonably affluent area and i know others who charge more was worried that a £2 rise was to much in one go i clean 6 weekly which often turn to 7 weeks so im not there all the time.

Might try a pound then same next year.

5. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

how long have u been doin it

yes average semi is between 10 - 14 pounds

i wud say if u goin to stick to trad then learn to speed up

or switch to wfp 3 in 2 hours isnt gd for business

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

3 in 2 hours means i have had a lunch hour and done 3 the hour before lol
    What is the reason for being so slow??
    Too thorough maybe?

7. squeegeeman

squeegeeman Newcomer

Ive been doing the round for a year now, used to work for someone else doing wfp which is a lot quicker i know. What numbers should you be hitting trad? I do frames and sills and like to do a good job

8. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Screenshot_2015-04-26-17-24-14.png Look at the quality of this job and i was under an hour trad to clean whole house including frames and sills which i always do and all the upvc and glass on the sides of the conservatory
    Reckon it took about 45 minutes for the whole lot
    That was including upvc doors and the fascia and gutter part of the conservatory
    Normal clean with frames and sills would be around 20 minutes for a 3 bed like that

9. squeegeeman

squeegeeman Newcomer

the back there would take me 10 mins the time is the bays at the front, three ladder pitches small openers at the tops then the bottom bays often to high to reach from ground so out with a-frame maybe im just lazy

10. Jake

Jake Grand Master

You need to speed up, a 3 bed semi should only take 15mins really... Depends on how many windows but on average we try and do 4 semis an hour... Usually there £12 but bay windows are now being quoted as £15 recently...

As you get quicker the £10 your charging won't be that bad, £30 an hour is good to aim for...

Advertisement