Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Awning Cleaning

DavieB

Hey guys, I wondered if any of you guys clean awnings/shop canopies, I have one which I have done using wfp, but it doesn't completely get rid of the algae. Is there anything that I could use that will assist in the removal? The canopy/awning is a canvas type so is ingrained.

Hey guys, I wondered if any of you guys clean awnings/shop canopies, I have one which I have done using wfp, but it doesn't completely get rid of the algae. Is there anything that I could use that will assist in the removal? The canopy/awning is a canvas type so is ingrained.
Yes mate use something from wilkos “green gone super concentrate” it’s top stuff for green algae. Apply through a sprayer at either 4:1 or 2:1 (cant quite remember but the stronger the better)and the green algae will be gone after 24 hours. Its brilliant for fences, canvas canopies, etc. Very cheap too

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

SoftWash it with a hypo mix usually come up good we do one for a hotel that’s like ships sails every year comes up a treat 

I thought degreaser would do the job. Is if safe to leave a 10% degreaser solution in the backpack or will it damage the seals? Had a big pvc job today with conservatory. Need to go back in the morning and try and fix some concealed brackets.  

I thought degreaser would do the job. Is if safe to leave a 10% degreaser solution in the backpack or will it damage the seals? Had a big pvc job today with conservatory. Need to go back in the morning and try and fix some concealed brackets.  

We leave a 10-1 mix of virosol in the sprayer permanently never had any problems with it affecting the seals 

Back