Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Is My Pump Buggered?

harunh

I was filling my tank up last night with the di vessel

i had the water going in to my di through the out side

and the water coming out from the in side.

Now this morning my pump wasnt doing anything and now i looked in to my tank and its got a lot of resin at the bottom.. /emoticons/mellow.png

so going to empty the tank and get it cleaned from a car wash

but i connected my pump now to a 25ltr container and its on but its not doing anything

i think its sucked up a load of resin from my tank and its buggered ?

what do u all reckon

thank you

Sorry to hear this mate, just goes to show we all take it for granted and its dead simple to connect it the wrong way round without reading whats in and out, I would try to flush as much resin out of the tank as possible as it will hang about in there for a long time. Strip the pump down and get all the resin out and so long as the pump hasnt run too long with resin in it you should get away with it

invest in a strainer, before the pump. so this can't happen again.

hopefully its just jamed easy to clear out.

H assuming you fitted all your pf trolley bits to the van including the fuse and extra in-line strainer before the pump - First of all what did the digi controller read on the panel when it stopped working?

Sorry to hear this mate, just goes to show we all take it for granted and its dead simple to connect it the wrong way round without reading whats in and out, I would try to flush as much resin out of the tank as possible as it will hang about in there for a long time. Strip the pump down and get all the resin out and so long as the pump hasnt run too long with resin in it you should get away with it

Back