Back issue.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Green Pro Clean Ltd, Feb 28, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Green Pro Clean Ltd

No I am not looking for last Septembers issue of 'Window Cleaning Magazine'

As three decades of hard graft start to take their toll, for the first hour of the day (sometimes two) the old back is getting rather stiff. No liking to bend like it used to.

Now do please remember I am no small chap, I stand 6'4 and a rather lean 17st surprisingly low body fat I just have a very 'stocky' frame for a tall bloke.

I have been considering one of those belts you see the weight lifter types wearing in the gym for a bit of extra support.

Any ideas / suggestions? More than welcome.

Advertisement
  2. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

My father had a back issue. He used to deliver Rayburn stoves in his younger days and messed up his lower back. (Pre health and Safety). He used one of those belts and it gave him support. He wore it when we started window cleaning in 1988 and after a while only put it on for support after a hard day.

I would say it would be worth the investment.

3. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

i had back problems many years
    hard graft it was down too
    gas main layer digging trenches doubled over every day alot of driving
    started the wc hayho no problems none
    the problem now is my knees climbing ladders and karate would,int of helped

4. joe90i

joe90i Member

Also just look in to magnet bands work good for me to ease the pain

5. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

i have tried them just below knees worked gd
    you look like a dolum with your shorts on but hayho

6. Bingo

Bingo Grand Master

Stop bending-over from the waist....especially if that Smurf is about :whistle:.

7. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Bad back.knee.shoulder.elbow and wrist
    Somebody shoot me

My lower back was really bad for a few years after slipping a disc..i started using a machine at the gym where you sit down and lift a stack of weights by pushing a pad backwards with your shoulder blades
    Hurt like #### for a few days then no pain at all and lifting the whole stack no problem
    All about core strenth to support your back

8. boarcity

boarcity Guest

#8 boarcity, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2015
    6ft 4 eh, you should be under 15stone

im 6ft1 and i got up to 16stone last year,summat had to go, im now down to under 14 aim is 13 . feel a million times better

mate of mine is 19 stone and 6ft3 ,his backs just gone , hopefully not permanently

a good laymans test for overweight is to wear heavy boots for about 2 hours ,and then transfer to wearing carpet slippers. if you sigh with relief the first few steps in the slippers you are badly overweight

9. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Read all those 'generic' weight to height ratio web pages and for the most part yeah the country is way too fat.
    However I kid you not, I am rather lean (very low body fat) as mentioned before I have what might be called 'stocky' build for a tall chap. Only way I could get to 15st or lower is to lose muscle mass and I am not keen to do that as I am not one of those that works out at the gym to pack on muscle. Rather worried that if I lose muscle mass my body may well replace it with fat.

As I said I have read the statistics an 99% of the time boars you're right, most people need to slim down however I guess I am the freakish exception to the rule.

10. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

#10 daveyboy, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
    I need to lose a little off my belly since Christmas but i am the same
    6'2" and 15st but my ideal weight should be 12.5
    I was 13st when i got married and look ill in the photos as it is just too skinny for my build

Advertisement