Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

BACK PACK OR TROLLY SYSTEM

fuggytail

Hi guys im just starting up and looking to buy a wfp system.Iv only got a few houses at the moment to go at so i dont need a van system but thinking of buying a backpack or a trolly what would you guys think would be the best for me.I started to get bits and bobs like ro system tds meter and i got me a 25ft brodex pole lol wish i had looked at the diy section on here first the bit with the harris pole to save me a few quid .Iv found a backpack that wcw sell at £119 and iv found a trolly system for £495 .Im thinking more the backpack because price wise .Can anyone advise me the best and cheep way to go with a system thanks to all who can help alb mark......

If you are running out of a car, then a backpack is a good contender - maybe get a decent folding sack truck & off you go.

If you have a small van - then the Bayersan trolleys are excellent:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/35ltr-Water-Fed-Pole-Trolley-/130633019321?pt=UK_HomeGarden_CLV_Cleaning_CA&hash=item1e6a55afb9

about £250, and very reliable. two small design flaws - (1) the handle is a bit short, ok if you are 5 foot 8, but if not then try extending it, or using a rope loop to extend it, and (2) if it is empty it can fall over if you pull the hose to hard.

The better trolleys - pure freedom style are great - but cost a bit more.

We have a couple of freedom trolleys & a backpack - and all get used well.

If you do go down the backpack route, and later decide to get a trolley - you will still have jobs where the backpack is useful & more importantly a backup system.

I am sure that most wfp users have lost days here and there through equipment failure - this would help.

If you are running out of a car, then a backpack is a good contender - maybe get a decent folding sack truck & off you go.

If you have a small van - then the Bayersan trolleys are excellent:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/35ltr-Water-Fed-Pole-Trolley-/130633019321?pt=UK_HomeGarden_CLV_Cleaning_CA&hash=item1e6a55afb9

about £250, and very reliable. two small design flaws - (1) the handle is a bit short, ok if you are 5 foot 8, but if not then try extending it, or using a rope loop to extend it, and (2) if it is empty it can fall over if you pull the hose to hard.

The better trolleys - pure freedom style are great - but cost a bit more.

We have a couple of freedom trolleys & a backpack - and all get used well.

If you do go down the backpack route, and later decide to get a trolley - you will still have jobs where the backpack is useful & more importantly a backup system.

I am sure that most wfp users have lost days here and there through equipment failure - this would help.
Totally agree with this. I would probs start out with a Trolley system tbh with you. They will save your back alot of stress and they are easily transportable and you can also fit alot more water in them (providing your not running it from a car/van).

However backpacks have saved my life a few times now, for example, getting through peoples houses to get to the back windows, life saver!

Go for a freedom trolley, you can't go wrong!

James.

Back pack all the way to start with, in my opinion.

It's cheap(er). You can always put it on a cheap trolley, and as the other bloke said, there will always be a time when u need the backpack, even with a full van mount.

Best and cheapest way to start me thinks!

P.s I have the WCW backpack. Well impressed. Have used others & the WCW compares very well for the price. WCW are very helpful too. If it breaks or u have problems, call them & they'll send replacement parts out for free.

A trolley system usually holds 25L of water, a back pack around 18L I think.

The Backpack is much easier to manage. Fine for getting started and will still come in handy if in time you get a van mount.

If you decide on the backpack mount it on a shopping trolley frame that is raised off the ground so the switch is easily accessible from underneath (at least that is the case with Shurflo one)- Keeps the electrics out of puddles also.

View attachment 298

depends if your ok at lifting, ran a backpack out of an astra estate for years untill i got to about 70 % wfp then got a van last month & im 99% wfp but still only use a backpack because my work is well spread out. if you really want a trolley system just get a sack truck & backpack. working all day was ok even though i was using a 31ft brodex alloy. ive got a clx 27 now & fly through em

depends if your ok at lifting, ran a backpack out of an astra estate for years untill i got to about 70 % wfp then got a van last month & im 99% wfp but still only use a backpack because my work is well spread out. if you really want a trolley system just get a sack truck & backpack. working all day was ok even though i was using a 31ft brodex alloy. ive got a clx 27 now & fly through em
Bit off topic (sorry), but how do you rate the CLX 27 Simon?

James.

Hi guys im just starting up and looking to buy a wfp system.Iv only got a few houses at the moment to go at so i dont need a van system but thinking of buying a backpack or a trolly what would you guys think would be the best for me.I started to get bits and bobs like ro system tds meter and i got me a 25ft brodex pole lol wish i had looked at the diy section on here first the bit with the harris pole to save me a few quid .Iv found a backpack that wcw sell at £119 and iv found a trolly system for £495 .Im thinking more the backpack because price wise .Can anyone advise me the best and cheep way to go with a system thanks to all who can help alb mark......
Thanks for all your help guys looks like a wcw backpack it is then alb lads and thanks again /emoticons/wink.png

hi james, the clx 27 transformed my round lol dont mean to gush but after the brodex alloy it was so easy to use - i have a 14" carbon gooseneck & a sill brush on it. once i'd got it - last august - i quickly converted most of my round to wfp even bungalows & i've used it all day every day since , the stops need replacing quite often but it takes 5 min to wrap a bit of electricians tape round, i have 1 window i can only just reach & i do it 1 handed at full stretch on tiptoes & its light enough to have at nearly full length over conservatories

i was all for the cheapest to begin with eg brodex but i wish i'd got the clx earlier

hi james, the clx 27 transformed my round lol dont mean to gush but after the brodex alloy it was so easy to use - i have a 14" carbon gooseneck & a sill brush on it. once i'd got it - last august - i quickly converted most of my round to wfp even bungalows & i've used it all day every day since , the stops need replacing quite often but it takes 5 min to wrap a bit of electricians tape round, i have 1 window i can only just reach & i do it 1 handed at full stretch on tiptoes & its light enough to have at nearly full length over conservatories

i was all for the cheapest to begin with eg brodex but i wish i'd got the clx earlier
Cheers Simon, I'm looking at one now and I'm going for it!

James.

Back